- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Determining mobile number from an SMS alert
I've subscribed to an SMS alert service "Early Warning Network" here in Australia some years ago, before I got the current Bold 9700. The texts I receive show up as "Alerts" even though I don't have a contact called "Alerts". Can I determine the phone number this is coming from so I can add to contacts and hence add a personalised ring tone for these texts?
- CrackBerry Genius
11-20-12, 06:05 PM #2
- 3,688 Posts
You're assuming that the number is constant. Often times these alerts are generated via computer, and the number is random.I am not 100% sure how they do the alerts. If you can back up the text, you should be able to identify what the number is.
- By pelikan3 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 0Last Post: 02-17-12, 06:42 PM
- By me23522 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-14-10, 12:33 PM
- By MisterB in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 11Last Post: 08-07-09, 01:12 PM
- By lindros2 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 12Last Post: 02-05-09, 08:11 PM
- By Glenn668 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 01-14-09, 01:02 AM