Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Custom Alert Vibration Issue

Hey guys,

I'm running OS 6 build 2718 from Bell on my Bold 9700.

I have a custom alert set up for a friend but I am finding that the vibration settings are not working.

Basically, my vibrate-only profile is set so that I will have a short, 2 vibration for a text message. The custom alert for my friend is supposed to be a short, 1 vibration.

When my phone is set to "Loud" the custom alert functions properly, it plays the right ringtone and it does not vibrate. When my phone is set to "vibrate-only", the ringtone does not play, but the phone does not vibrate either.

I tried changing the vibrate setting to "active-profile" and saving, but when I looked at it again, the setting was "in-holster". I can't seem to change this.

I tried taking off the custom vibration setting, and changing it to "active-profile" which worked; my phone vibrated and did not play the ringtone, but the vibration was a short, 2. This defeats the purpose of the custom alert.

Is there any way I can have a custom vibration setting for this contact, or am I limited to a custom ringtone?

Thanks in advance for your help, I am very frustrated by this.