Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Contract is about up, considering the BB 9700

Ok, so my wife and I are considering upgrading to the Bold 9700....our contract is almost up and we should be able to upgrade in the next few weeks, and we are considering the Bold 9700. My wife is currently using a Pearl 8100 and I am using my beloved Curve 8310... I have read a few posts concerning problems with the trackpad? Leaning, overly responsive. Have these issues been resolved? Also are there any other issue that we may need to address before a purchase. And does anyone know of any good deals out there for the 9700 Our carrier is AT&T, and we are not interested in changing carriers. Wirefly is listing the 9700 for 49.99 with 2 yr contract where as the AT&T site is showing it for 299.99 on an upgrade...kind of crazy in my opinion.

Thanks,
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B122FD4

Do it you won't regret it! My first 9700 was defective and I returned it! My second one is perfect! I absolutely love it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,399 Global Posts
    PIN
    pm me

Go into the store and try out the 9700. The trackpad blows the trackball away.

My trackpad had a very small amout of play in it compared to my wife's 9700, but both are perfect.

You will love the 9700.
    CrackBerry User

The 9700 is awesome. I had an 8310 as well and the 9700 is a far superior phone IMO. Will take a bit of getting used to the keypad, but once you figure that out the phone is really good. My phone is not perfect.. has some bezel movement.. but otherwise it's great. As zeteo says.. you won't regret it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Don't worry too much about trackpad problems, it is WAYYY better than thr trackballs. Takes some getting used to but it's spectacular.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

upgraded from the 8310 to the 9700. haven't looked back since. my first 9700 had a trackpad problem as well, but was sent a replacement and it's fine now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don't think the 9700 is for everyone. It really depends what you like in a phone. Some people (Myself included) absolutely love this phone! But for every thread on here loving it, you'll find like 5 threads bashing it. I suggest testing it out in the store, and I also recommend picking it out from a store because that way it diminishes the chances of getting a dud. It's very powerful and has a 3.2 megapixel camera which blows away the 2 megapixel camera on the Curves. I think you'll really like the 9700 because you love your Curve very much. I went from the 8330 to the 9700 and couldn't believe the difference. As for your wife, she might not if she's used to the size of the Pearl, but then again she may love it too because of the bigger screen and trackpad. Regardless go to the AT&T store and test it out!
    Stellar season for Captain Serious - An Olympic gold medal, Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup winner. Youngest member of the triple gold club and one of only 6 players to win both an Olympic gold medal and the Stanley Cup in the same year. Congrats to Jonathan Toews and the Chicago Blackhawks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ky and brain

I've had several bb before... and NO ONE comes even close IMO to a 9700.. You would be very happy with it
    I hate blackberries, thats why I have a new one each 3 months

There's no substitute

www.twitter.com/SalinasJA
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

Came from an 8310 to a 9700. Still adjusting to the keyboard. Else, all other features are way superior!

Get one from a physical store

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Try out the 9700 and 9000 as well

you might like the bigger keypad over the trackpad...I love the bigger keypad on the 9000 but I can't let go of my 9700, i love it
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zahirw View Post
    Came from an 8310 to a 9700. Still adjusting to the keyboard. Else, all other features are way superior!

Get one from a physical store

forgot to mention this...i had the same problem as well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24b4cb9a

had several BB's

8100,8320,8900,9530 and now 9700.

8100 was my starter phone which was good since it was the first.

upgraded to 8320 which was basically bigger 8100 with full keyboard

upgraded to 8900 which was again basically 8320 with a nice keyboard and more features

switched ( did not upgrade ) to 9530, liked the overall phone but touch screen isn't my thing and was hard to get used to.

Just upgraded to Bold II and these are the big things I had to adjust to;

Trackball to Trackpad- At first it was weird but overall you have more control with less movement.

8900 Keyboard to 9700- 8900 is like the 8300 series but the 9700 is a little more crammed and have a weird feel to it when you type but you get used to it. ( the keys are angled weird)

5.0 OS- When I had the other blackberry's it did not have the 5.0 OS and that was the biggest change to me. It was a good change, especially if you like threaded SMS like i do.

You will love it overall it just takes time to get used to it.
    CrackBerry User

On att as well. My first bb was the xde0 for three weeks. Only picked up the 9700 because I am spoiled by 3g. If you go with the 9700 I doubt you will need to upgrade before two years. This is an excellent device and I am new to bb. No trackpad problem. For me. Also check walmart's in store prices, you may be suprised.

CrackBerry Abuser

As someone mentioned above, WalMart does have good in-store prices. I think mine was $150.00 at ATT and I got a few accessories with it as well.

The trackpad is fantastic! I know some people have had problems with them, but it's much smoother then the trackball. I had the 8310 and had no problems adjusting to the trackpad. In fact, when I play with my kids' Curves now they seem cheap and the scrolling is scratchy.

The 3G is great (although I'm not in a big city and don't always have it) and it's really neat to be on the phone and surfing the web simultaneously. The camera is amazing, the screen is fantastic...I can't stop myself from raving about it!

Good luck with your choice!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

wirefly.com has the 9700 for $79 with upgrade.