Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Completely dead except flashing red light.

Hi guys,

I've read a ton of different threads so far trying to fix my phone but nothing has worked for me. The screen is black and the red light flashes every 5 seconds or so. I didn't drop it or get it wet. It worked last night but when I woke up it was like this.

I've tried using the AppLoader but it won't establish a connection. It starts off as USB PIN: UNKNOWN. When I click next it says "connecting to the device (ARM)..." but half way through USB PIN:UNKNOWN will go blank, and then I will get an error at the end saying a connection could not be established. I've also tried using the desktop software to repair it but it couldn't establish a connection either. The phone is listed in the device manager so the computer obviously recognizes it, but the BlackBerry software doesn't seem to be for some reason.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    CrackBerry Addict

your logic card is dead !!! in other words, your phone is dead !!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Lol damn. For sure? Or just a guess?
    CrackBerry Addict

The flashing red lights are a hardware failure. It's a known event with no solution other than sending it off to the glue factory for repair.

BUT if your computer is actually recognizing the device and you don't have a major hardware failure then you could try something like BBSAK to see if you can wipe and load the OS back onto the device.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Have you tried connecting the device without the battery in? You could try downloading an older version of DM, like V5 and /or try BBSAK
    This posting is provided as is and implies no warranties.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Tried DM 5.0 and BBSAK with no luck. Anytime I try and connect during the ARM phase the phone appears to shut off (stops blinking), the connection isn't established, and then it starts blinking again afterwards.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by w01f359 View Post
    Tried DM 5.0 and BBSAK with no luck. Anytime I try and connect during the ARM phase the phone appears to shut off (stops blinking), the connection isn't established, and then it starts blinking again afterwards.
    Have you tried deleting ALL versions of OS5/6 including DM download fresh versions (i'd even go for OS5). Don't forget to delete the vendor.xml file.
    Also whichever carrier your with try downloading a version thats compatible Try Berryshout! Home of the Blackberry OS Version Tracker
    This posting is provided as is and implies no warranties.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Thanks for your help. I haven't tried all versions but a few of 5 and 6. I took it to a repair shop and they said I'd have to replace the logic board. First post wins the prize :P My contract is up in a week anyways so hopefully I'll have a z10 soon
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

You can still sell the phone and make some money off of it.