Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default CNN.cn vs SW-Box vs Truesupplier

I've been recently thinking that I want to customize my BlackBerry. I see that a lot of people have either used truesupplier or sw-box but I was wondering if anyone had used cnn.cn. If so what is their build quality like. If anyone has some insight on all three that'd also be great.

I know I COULD just send it to colorware to have it customized, but that's really expensive and I don't feel like being without my BlackBerry (and yes, I know they could send me the parts but at that price I might as well send it off to them.)
    I'm really not new at this...

Follow me @fortyoneacres ...becasue twitter, like me, is awesome
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,804 Global Posts
    PIN
    iMessenger

The build quality will be about the same on all three. Ive dealt with cnn.cn several times with no issues. But who knows what you will encounter this time?
    iPhone 4S Jailbroken
    iPad 3rd Generation Jailbroken
    Apple TV
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

I've used all three and find the quality of products comparable. I usually stick with
    FonLogix (Monroe, WA) or DealsIShop (Newark, DE)
    for no other reason than they are US based and have shorter turnaround time.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,689 Global Posts

I just received a orange bezel with attached top cover from cnn.cn. The attachment is terrible and the paint on the bezel at the top is bunched up as if a chunk of paint balled up and dried on the edge. The cover is superglued diagonal, so the left side of the cover raises about a 1mm gap between the bezel while the right side is spaced properly. I'm going to be immediately asking for a refund or replacement. Whoever attached the top cover doesn't know what straight means.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    OS 6 !

truesupplier is trash, don't go with them.
    T-Mobile phone history: 2004 Sidekick 2 > 2006 Sidekick 3 > 2007 Sidekick LX > 12/2008 G1 > 03/2009 BlackBerry Curve 8900 > 05/2009 Sidekick LX '09 > 10/2009 Motorola Cliq > 11/2009 BlackBerry Bold 9700 | "We stick together"

I'm a BlackBerry Bold, shorty is a Sidekick.
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

Quote Originally Posted by JuslisenLX View Post
    truesupplier is trash, don't go with them.
    How is this even remotely helpful. At least dLo GSR, pilsbury and myself
    gave a reason for liking or disliking a vendor. You, on the other hand, just
    tossed out a negative comment without any context or citation.

Were I the OP, I'd dismiss this comment out of hand.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

I've ordered some bezels, top covers(not attached) from sw-box. The fitment of the bezels are good, but the top covers could be improved. I haven't ordered from them since they started shipping the top covers attached, so I can't comment on their pre-attached top covers.

On the other hand their keypad is complete JUNK, soft on some keys stiff on others. Very inconsistent.

CrackBerry Abuser

I just received my glossy bezel and back cover from true supplier. It was absolutely shocking. The top cover was of terrible quality. The speaker hole had jagged edges like a child cut it with a pair of scissors, the bezel did not even fit, and the back cover left a gap between the cover and the lens that says the word "Bold".
    I definitely won't be ordering from them again. When I asked for a refund they said if I send the items back they would give me full amount minus the original shipping cost and the return shipping cost. In otherwords, get a refund at my expense. It was shocking email customer service as well.
    I've just made the exact same order from sw-box so I will post back with their quality.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts

I always go to order from CNN.cn & they have Great Customer service & there parts fit perfectly.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,151 Global Posts

If you order from cn, better go on a sabatical. You won't get anything in the next six weeks.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,689 Global Posts

here are pics of the terrible top cover alignment from CNN.cn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNN.cn vs SW-Box vs Truesupplier-img_1389-medium-.jpg   CNN.cn vs SW-Box vs Truesupplier-img_1391-medium-.jpg   CNN.cn vs SW-Box vs Truesupplier-img_1392-medium-.jpg   CNN.cn vs SW-Box vs Truesupplier-img_1394-medium-.jpg  
    Previously: Blackberry Bold 9700 - 6.0.0.344
    Currently: Motorola Atrix - Android 2.2

"Simplicity provides a fine line between elegance and plainness."
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

so who should i try? im looking at cnn and sw right now.
  13. akz
    CrackBerry User

ive purchased from cnn.cn before and havent had any problems but that was for the Bold 9000. In terms of 9700, ive bought from truesupplier and either their fitment is completely terrible or even when the fitment is correct there are some extremely noticeable defects with the actual housing itself (ESP THEIR KEYBOARDS SUCK MAJOR, a brand new OEM keyboard can be sticking out wtf?) anyways trying SW-Box now will report back..
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dLo GSR View Post
    here are pics of the terrible top cover alignment from CNN.cn
    Wow. That gap is brutal.
    Jumped ship from Torch 9800 to iPhone 4......and I love it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GibMcFragger View Post
    Wow. That gap is brutal.
    It's so bad, I think my eyes hurt!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24A67087

i just ordered from truesuppliers off their ebay store... after reading this I think I might ask for a refund or something :P we'll see how it goes. It's the full chrome housing (i know, cheesy :P)
    PIN: 217C375B

Follow me on: http://www.twitter.com/andrewcjduong
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have ordered 2 complete housings from Truesupplier and ended up just throwing them away. I even complained and was told they would send me one "quality control checked" housin.

When that was delivered it was just as bad. I had no issues at all with CNN or TrueSupplier with my Bold 9000 but they cant get their act together for the 9700.

The biggest issue is the fitment of the top covering being all wonky and having 1-2mm gaps which will just make the phone look like rubbish.

I actually got bored of it all now so I'm still using the OEM cover. Considering trying to get my hands on one of the white OEM covers being released soon.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

I think I'm going to get matte bezel with the back. I really wanted the bezel without the top attached, because of the reports I'm hearing of the fitting of the top, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

I like some of the new color choices on CNN.cn, I only wish they had the prices of sw-box. LOL

Any suggestions?
    I'm really not new at this...

Follow me @fortyoneacres ...becasue twitter, like me, is awesome
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

Most of the reviews I read are going with SW Box. They have everything good quality and no glue or extra steps are needed except take apart and slide in new housing. I'm debating on what color I want.

CrackBerry Addict

I have ordered from all three and all have the same stuff...I think CNN stands out a bit on customer service...for the most part, the stuff I have ordered from them has been good quality and when it has not they have always taken care of the problem by promptly sending a replacement

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

i just ordered from swbox. cant wait to swap bodies. i ordered coffee with the striped battery housing.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    670 Global Posts
    PIN
    25B1B168

Quote Originally Posted by charlieb620 View Post
    i just ordered from swbox. cant wait to swap bodies. i ordered coffee with the striped battery housing.
    just ordered ugly gold chrome housing from tru supplier im sure that was a mistake i should have came here first
    BBME 2AF98872
    Twitter @Dierre_dibiase
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    21C2E6E9

There was just a post of a guy that ordered parts SW. Posted pics of the end product and it looked amazing.

CrackBerry User

PIN
    217C3729

I've ordered from CNN.cn and TrueSupplier before.

The matte black bezel (9000) from CNN was decent. It held up quite nicely and it fit really well.
    Full matte pink housing (8900) from TrueSupplier was not good at all.
    Poor quality parts and poor paint job as well. I'm disappointed in the fact that it's SO cheap.

I might give SW-Box a try to see if there's any difference from TrueSupplier.
    I'm mainly looking for full custom colour housings.. not just bezels.
    alt0160@HoFo
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

Yeah i did 3 days of reading on here. and everyone says swbox has the best quality out the 3 and it has easy installation.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast