06-19-11 08:17 AM
- I've been recently thinking that I want to customize my BlackBerry. I see that a lot of people have either used truesupplier or sw-box but I was wondering if anyone had used cnn.cn. If so what is their build quality like. If anyone has some insight on all three that'd also be great.
I know I COULD just send it to colorware to have it customized, but that's really expensive and I don't feel like being without my BlackBerry (and yes, I know they could send me the parts but at that price I might as well send it off to them.)04-18-10 01:17 PM
- I just received a orange bezel with attached top cover from cnn.cn. The attachment is terrible and the paint on the bezel at the top is bunched up as if a chunk of paint balled up and dried on the edge. The cover is superglued diagonal, so the left side of the cover raises about a 1mm gap between the bezel while the right side is spaced properly. I'm going to be immediately asking for a refund or replacement. Whoever attached the top cover doesn't know what straight means.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com04-18-10 01:30 PM
- amazinglygracelessRetired Mod
gave a reason for liking or disliking a vendor. You, on the other hand, just
tossed out a negative comment without any context or citation.
Were I the OP, I'd dismiss this comment out of hand.04-18-10 02:05 PM
- I've ordered some bezels, top covers(not attached) from sw-box. The fitment of the bezels are good, but the top covers could be improved. I haven't ordered from them since they started shipping the top covers attached, so I can't comment on their pre-attached top covers.
On the other hand their keypad is complete JUNK, soft on some keys stiff on others. Very inconsistent.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com04-18-10 04:30 PM
- I just received my glossy bezel and back cover from true supplier. It was absolutely shocking. The top cover was of terrible quality. The speaker hole had jagged edges like a child cut it with a pair of scissors, the bezel did not even fit, and the back cover left a gap between the cover and the lens that says the word "Bold".
I definitely won't be ordering from them again. When I asked for a refund they said if I send the items back they would give me full amount minus the original shipping cost and the return shipping cost. In otherwords, get a refund at my expense. It was shocking email customer service as well.
I've just made the exact same order from sw-box so I will post back with their quality.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com04-18-10 04:39 PM
- ive purchased from cnn.cn before and havent had any problems but that was for the Bold 9000. In terms of 9700, ive bought from truesupplier and either their fitment is completely terrible or even when the fitment is correct there are some extremely noticeable defects with the actual housing itself (ESP THEIR KEYBOARDS SUCK MAJOR, a brand new OEM keyboard can be sticking out wtf?) anyways trying SW-Box now will report back..04-18-10 11:30 PM
- I have ordered 2 complete housings from Truesupplier and ended up just throwing them away. I even complained and was told they would send me one "quality control checked" housin.
When that was delivered it was just as bad. I had no issues at all with CNN or TrueSupplier with my Bold 9000 but they cant get their act together for the 9700.
The biggest issue is the fitment of the top covering being all wonky and having 1-2mm gaps which will just make the phone look like rubbish.
I actually got bored of it all now so I'm still using the OEM cover. Considering trying to get my hands on one of the white OEM covers being released soon.04-19-10 05:37 AM
- I think I'm going to get matte bezel with the back. I really wanted the bezel without the top attached, because of the reports I'm hearing of the fitting of the top, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.
I like some of the new color choices on CNN.cn, I only wish they had the prices of sw-box. LOL
Any suggestions?04-19-10 06:47 AM
- I have ordered from all three and all have the same stuff...I think CNN stands out a bit on customer service...for the most part, the stuff I have ordered from them has been good quality and when it has not they have always taken care of the problem by promptly sending a replacement
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com04-19-10 11:22 AM
- I've ordered from CNN.cn and TrueSupplier before.
The matte black bezel (9000) from CNN was decent. It held up quite nicely and it fit really well.
Full matte pink housing (8900) from TrueSupplier was not good at all.
Poor quality parts and poor paint job as well. I'm disappointed in the fact that it's SO cheap.
I might give SW-Box a try to see if there's any difference from TrueSupplier.
I'm mainly looking for full custom colour housings.. not just bezels.04-19-10 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD