CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default The charging source connected to your Blackberry device cannot charge your battery

"The charging source connected to your Blackberry device cannot charge your battery"

The above message is what I get when I try to charge my phone or connect it to the computer. I can't charge the phone and my computer can't recognise my phone when I plug it into USB hubs. I tries differnt cxhargers, cables, computers but still have this problem.. I would be grateful for your help. Thank you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hello nigel,

Try the following:
    1. If you have an SDcard remove it and as well your SIMcard. Try now maybe it will work(i had the same issue and i did the following and it worked)
    2. If the two things doesn't work you'll have to do a wipe of your device (i might help)
    3. If non of them work the other thing it is to reinstall your OS, if it not recognized by the PC you can install your new OS OTA.

Good luck.
    An Error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to Correct it.

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28519AFC

Depending on how old your device is the charge port could be broken internally can be fixed not sure of your location but here in the Toronto Canada area approx $40.00 to $50.00 to fix..
    Paul Atherton
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    That's for me to know and you to guess!

If it is a faulty USB port, buy a charging dock which uses the contacts on the bottom of the phone. They are very cheap to buy and it would prove a point.

It wont help with connecting to your PC though for upgrades etc.

Sent from my old faithful BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Do as you would be done by and 12 pence to the shilling (or 100 cents to the dollar).

Into every life a little ale must pour
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Some USB ports don't have enough mAh to charge devices. I had a Sony VAIO that said that when I plugged in the phone into the middle of 3 USB ports but when I plugged it into one of the outer ones it was fine. Did you try other ports?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Definitely looks like an amperage or voltage issue. I had the same issue when making my solar power charger. based on your description, seem like its the phone.

One thing you can try is turning off wifi b4 you charge, to see if that helps.