CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Changed Housing Now No Signal

I decide to give my blackberry a revamp. I purchased a housing on Ebay. My home network in O2 but the housing that came had a T-mobile logo on it. I did not think this would make any difference. I changed the housing and when I turned on the BB there was no signal. Just a red SOS. When I search for a network manually the BB will only pick up vodavone and T-mobile. The signal is very weak, there is only 1 bar on the display.

I don't understand how changing the housing has causedn this. Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    5,785 Global Posts

Did you change the entire housing, or just the bezel/top and battery door?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts

it's possible you may have damaged the antenna
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    5,785 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmakBerry View Post
    it's possible you may have damaged the antenna
    Jeez! Give me a second Haha. That's what I was getting at. I tore mine when I swapped the full housing, but miraculously it still works great!

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlcCorrado View Post
    Jeez! Give me a second Haha. That's what I was getting at. I tore mine when I swapped the full housing, but miraculously it still works great!

awwww I'm sorry. I'll slap my hands for ya.
    When I swapped my housing I was extremely careful not to damage the antenna. Surprised yours still works
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    5,785 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmakBerry View Post
    awwww I'm sorry. I'll slap my hands for ya.
    When I swapped my housing I was extremely careful not to damage the antenna. Surprised yours still works
    Haha you better!

Right? I tore it completely, about a quarter inch from the 2 plastic nubs it hangs on. I just stuck both pieces back on and it worked haha. By the way, how did you get the charging ports out?! Or for that matter, the covers for the flash and camera? I just popped mine out with a screwdriver and stuck them on the new housing. They seem to be holding pretty well

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts

Haha you better!

Right? I tore it completely, about a quarter inch from the 2 plastic nubs it hangs on. I just stuck both pieces back on and it worked haha. By the way, how did you get the charging ports out?! Or for that matter, the covers for the flash and camera? I just popped mine out with a screwdriver and stuck them on the new housing. They seem to be holding pretty well

I honestly don't even remember... haven't changed any housing for well over a year. I find they just suck for the most part. Ans when I sell my phones I like them to be all oem
    CrackBerry User

What you are experiencing sounds a lot like the problem i've had with my 8900 housing. i ordered my parts from truesupplier, and when i finally installed the replacement, the phone started having problems with the radio. At first i did not know what it was, because it didnt happen all the time. i thought the unit might have become defective, so i got a replacement from my carrier. Because i didnt want them to know i messed with the phone, i put the old housing back. when i got my replacement phone, i didnt wait a single bit to put the new housing on the new phone, and to my surprise the "Tx/SOS" problem showed up again. Only then after a complete inspecting of the housing, i figured out that the problem consisted of the housing SIM card holder being faulty, its dirt cheap and manufactured in china.

What i suggest you do is make sure its not your phone first by replacing the new housing with the factory blackberry housing and seeing if that resolved the issue. if not, i truly hope its handset damage

It sucks to find out you paid pennies for a full housing which doesnt work, but its even worse finding out the phone is damaged. =(
    CrackBerry User

Im willing to bet money that you bought one of those cheap housings on ebay that brings a fake plastic antenna you have to swap the one thats on your OEM housing and put it on the new housing thats on your phone its the plastic piece thats right under the battery cover...
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    5,785 Global Posts

So the sticker on top is wifi? Cuz that's the one I ripped and it does seem like wifi has gotten a lot worse haha

CrackBerry User

So the sticker on top is wifi? Cuz that's the one I ripped and it does seem like wifi has gotten a lot worse haha

jajaja I think so!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Did you change the entire housing, or just the bezel/top and battery door?

Hi I changed my housing again and know my blackberry 8520 won't connect to my sims network tescos it's go e to manual and won't connect to anything could u look into it and reply as soon as! Thanks