Can't download music
After always being able to download music, I now suddenly can't anymore. It takes a few minutes before the download actually starts and then it only downloads to about 7% (if I'm lucky) otherwise 1 or 2%. It then says download failed. Normally the download would start immediately and would last for about 40 seconds . I still have 1G of memory left on the card and about 40 existing songs. Can you help please?
- CrackBerry Genius
11-13-2012, 05:48 AM #6
- 2,578 Posts
Re: Can't download music
There have been multiple reports of all carriers in South Africa experiencing problems with downloading recently. Possibly as a result of unstable situations related to upgrades to the network.
All you can probably do it keep trying. Or use a device (such as a computer) not attached to a cell network.
- 05-11-2013, 10:57 PM #10
I always use opera mini for downloading music, videos, etc and I've had the same problem. I'm also on MTN in SA. When downloading, after it fails, I go to "Downloads" from the opera mini drop down menu, it shows all my previous completed and failed downloads. I select the one I want complete and "resume" downloading the content. It then picks up from where it stopped and eventually completes the download. It doesn't show the download speed, but it take approximately 3minutes to download a 5MB file. I also find that it help to clear that "Downloads" folder every now and then. So far that has been working well for me, I hope it'll work for you too.
- By moreno055 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 1Last Post: 10-07-2009, 04:47 AM
- By bigthomas87 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 4Last Post: 06-14-2009, 02:21 PM
- By csfernandez in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 1Last Post: 05-05-2009, 09:19 AM
- By kag in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2008, 11:37 AM
- By spfieler in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2007, 03:46 PM