Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't delete or change default contact sync

My wife's Bold 9700 is syncing her contacts with MY Gmail, and she cannot delete or change the default email for the contact sysc.

Options>Device>Advance systems>Settings>Default services

Default placement for new...
    Calendar (CICAL):
    her-email@gmail.com
    Contact List (SYNC):
    my-email@gmail.com
    Messaging (CMIME):
    her-email@gmail.com
    The Calendar & the Messaging has a drop-down option that reveals other email addresses. The Contact List has an arrow, but does not drop down when selected, hence no option to delete or change.

Also in Contact>Options
    Under Contacts Lists, bottom of screen, is MY email address.

So every time she makes a change to her Contact List, it updates my phone's contact list. Can someone please offer a suggestion as to how she can remove my email address from her phone?

Thanks
    Richard - Surrey, BC
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Remove it from BIS first, battery pull, then check again, if still there, delete the servicebook from the host routing table under advanced options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T OF YOUR FINEST PLEASE!

I'd do a backup and security wipe. Before doing the backup go into contacts, click the menu/BB button, scroll to and select options and from there turn off the sync feature.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks for your replies.

If I look at the service books I see Navigator, Yellowpages, Blackberry Internet Browser, and another 30 or so. Do I delete all of these? I don't want to delete something and be missing a bunch of features.

I see my wife's email address in there, but not mine. Sorry, but I'm feeling a bit dense about this.

I'm not feeling very confident about just deleting all this stuff, it doesn't seem related to my email address on her phone.
    Richard - Surrey, BC
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by noobberry.09 View Post
    Thanks for your replies.

If I look at the service books I see Navigator, Yellowpages, Blackberry Internet Browser, and another 30 or so. Do I delete all of these? I don't want to delete something and be missing a bunch of features.

I see my wife's email address in there, but not mine. Sorry, but I'm feeling a bit dense about this.

I'm not feeling very confident about just deleting all this stuff, it doesn't seem related to my email address on her phone.
    The unneeded junk icons (links basically) pushed by your carrier could be moved to a Junk folder. I wouldn't delele servicebooks you didn't know about. Just remove the sync ones related to your wife's e-mail address only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  6. akz
    CrackBerry User

I have the same problem except the service books for those 2 emails arent on my bb device any ideas? Ive tried deleting all email service books and resending still no go.. under contact list I still see that email..
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

My wife found the solution on the BB site, she deleted the desktop manager and reinstalled it.
    Richard - Surrey, BC
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Pls share

Hi Richard... Don't mind to share on how to delete or remove the synchronised contact list? I got Same problem here. To.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Cool Direct str8 to the point ANSWER

All you have to do is go in SETTINGS to OPTIONS, then go to ADVANCED OPTIONS and scroll down to SERVICE BOOK. In service book scroll down to the email address you want to delete and DELETE IT. It's that SIMPLE.