- CrackBerry Master
- 1,309 Posts
BOLD 9700 Housing
So, like I'm sure many people have over time, I've picked up some dings on my bold (The chips on the chrome are terrible to look at, when i think back as to how it looked fresh out of the box...good times.). Anyway, a friend of mine had a bold 9700 he barely used before switching Apple, and told me I could use his housing to replace mine. I want to basically change the entire housing but the one issue I have noticed is that the metallic plates under the battery is attached to the middle part of the housing and contains a sticker with IMEI numbers and etc. Is there away to remove this metallic plate? Also is it weird that the fit and finish on my housing in terms of gaps and spaces is better than his even when I put my housing on his phone?
- 11-30-12, 11:13 PM #2
Re: BOLD 9700 Housing
there are plenty of videos online on how to change the housing as I have done so many times from searching youtube. But basically, after you remove the front of the housing, if you look to the left and right of the ear speaker, you'll see two screws-and two matching on the bottom-that neet to be removed before you can remove the back of the housing.Many thanks, downloads and dollars to all the developers out there!!!
- By Road_Rebel in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 8Last Post: 08-30-10, 12:47 PM
- By youagain in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 10Last Post: 06-19-10, 08:30 AM
- By Beth_C00per in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 2Last Post: 05-10-10, 01:45 PM
- By rozzy9 in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 10Last Post: 04-26-10, 01:21 PM
- By kali786 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 6Last Post: 02-17-10, 11:09 AM