Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BOLD 9700 Housing

Hey Guys,

So, like I'm sure many people have over time, I've picked up some dings on my bold (The chips on the chrome are terrible to look at, when i think back as to how it looked fresh out of the box...good times.). Anyway, a friend of mine had a bold 9700 he barely used before switching Apple, and told me I could use his housing to replace mine. I want to basically change the entire housing but the one issue I have noticed is that the metallic plates under the battery is attached to the middle part of the housing and contains a sticker with IMEI numbers and etc. Is there away to remove this metallic plate? Also is it weird that the fit and finish on my housing in terms of gaps and spaces is better than his even when I put my housing on his phone?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,046 Global Posts

Default Re: BOLD 9700 Housing

there are plenty of videos online on how to change the housing as I have done so many times from searching youtube. But basically, after you remove the front of the housing, if you look to the left and right of the ear speaker, you'll see two screws-and two matching on the bottom-that neet to be removed before you can remove the back of the housing.
    Many thanks, downloads and dollars to all the developers out there!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tufcustomer View Post
    Hey Guys,

So, like I'm sure many people have over time, I've picked up some dings on my bold (The chips on the chrome are terrible to look at, when i think back as to how it looked fresh out of the box...good times.). Anyway, a friend of mine had a bold 9700 he barely used before switching Apple, and told me I could use his housing to replace mine. I want to basically change the entire housing but the one issue I have noticed is that the metallic plates under the battery is attached to the middle part of the housing and contains a sticker with IMEI numbers and etc. Is there away to remove this metallic plate? Also is it weird that the fit and finish on my housing in terms of gaps and spaces is better than his even when I put my housing on his phone?
    google results