- CrackBerry Newbie
- 5 Posts
- ask me
Bold 9700 cannot Update to OS 6
A few days ago I tried to update a Bold 9700 to OS 6 and I took the following steps. did a back up, then a security wipe followed by a bbsak wipe, downloaded a version of OS6 then installed it on my laptop. I deleted the vendor file and proceeded to to install the OS to the phone. At the part where u choose the file to install in the phone, there are no files and the loader says I don't have an OS installed for the phone .
I tried everything until I gave up and eventually put OS 5 back on the phone.
I've tried many things and frustrated and I just need help.
thnx in advance.
- CrackBerry User
04-19-2013, 05:14 AM #5
- 33 Posts
as far as i know, the problems only on vendor.xml file, try to search that file, some OS has several files installed.
search it using windows' search feature, it's easy. just right-click on the drive letter and search those files, then delete them.
if no files were found, make sure you have check the "search for hidden and system files" as well, it might necessary.
if still didn't work, then uninstall the OS, remember, that it would be better to have only 1 OS installed in the computer at a time.
- By adamsalame1 in forum BlackBerry 6Replies: 3Last Post: 02-08-2011, 01:02 AM
- By Winter09 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-31-2010, 06:11 AM
- By beadyeyesbb in forum BlackBerry OS 5 & 4.xReplies: 4Last Post: 10-27-2009, 12:04 PM
- By alattars in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 2Last Post: 03-29-2009, 09:39 AM
- By christopherwwoo in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 15Last Post: 02-18-2009, 10:07 PM