Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bold 9700 Camera Not Working

hey guys so yesterday i wanted to use my camera and when i hit the camera button all it seems to do is the loading icon with a blank screen...i dont know what to do..i did so many battery pulls already..any ideas on how to fix it?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

also i was browsing the modules of the applications so this is what i saw:

net_rim_bb_camera

unavailable....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Perhaps remove the module and replace it with another one someone has extracted. There is a dump file in the post "Bold 9700 with 6.0.0.197" that has the camera. Download the dump file and use BBSAK to replace the file!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

hmmm ok i think ill do that..ill provide the feedback once i have time to do that thanks though
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T OF YOUR FINEST PLEASE!

seems like something that could easily be remedied through desktop manager. i'd just back everything up, do a wipe and reinstall the software. should include what's needed to operate the camera, i'd assume.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
    seems like something that could easily be remedied through desktop manager. i'd just back everything up, do a wipe and reinstall the software. should include what's needed to operate the camera, i'd assume.
    Exactly what I would've done. DM can make the backup very simple and quick.

Do it with BBSAK once the backup is complete, to wipe and reload the OS: Download BBSAK, install it, connect blackberry, enter password if you have set one, otherwise, click OK at the prompt. Click "kill processes" (kills any instances of DM, connection manager, etc.), then Wipe OS or Wipe Device. Once you get a 507 error, click Load OS. Then, follow the on-screen directions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by certi5edd3si View Post
    also i was browsing the modules of the applications so this is what i saw:

net_rim_bb_camera

unavailable....