- CrackBerry User
- 18 Posts
bold 9700 or bold 9780
Hey so I'm kinda new here and I've been trying to get an extra phone as a back up to my bold 9900. I'm stuck between the bold 9700 and 9780. I'm working for my dad in construction a few days a week and I don't want to ruin my 9900 so I thought of getting a back up for those days I work with my dad. But I don't know which would be better. I have att so if I were to get a 9780 I would need to get one compatible with the network so I can use 3G since I tend to do a bit of browsing and send emails for my dad while I'm working with. So if yall can help me out on which one to get it would great. Thanks.
- 11-26-2012, 12:50 AM #2
- 11-27-2012, 05:43 AM #3
9780 has double the application storage of a 9700, both are solid devices with sturdy construction. If you're looking for a cheaper phone use the 9700, although you can sometimes find the 9780 for cheap.Device(s):
Curve 9300> Bold 9700> Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
- 11-28-2012, 07:32 AM #4BLACKBERRY!! YUUUUUUUPPPPP!
- CrackBerry User
01-03-2013, 01:27 PM #7
- 38 Posts
I'd get 9780, as 256 ram is very low for installed apps, and not to mention 9700 is very old now, still a solid phone, but as mentioned, 9780 is an upgrade in more ram, slightly better camera, and a minor cosmetic changed (no chrome below and around the edges, just all pure black and stylish.)
If I had to choose, I'd choose 9780 BUT as I just said, both are solid devices for being a phone that works as a phone, and the battery lasts couple days - both models have a good reputation for lasting very long - assuming you're not watching videos or listening to a lot of audio/music.First Berry:
9700, Second Berry: PB, Third Berry: Wanting a new Bold bad!
Jobs in Shanghai
- 01-05-2013, 11:16 AM #8
- 01-05-2013, 11:24 AM #9
With 9700, you can get an upgrade to OS 6, which makes browsing substantially better than what came before. It also adds universal search. The issue is that OS 6 basically sucks out all of the available space on the 9700 leaving you with little room for any apps. So 9780 probably a better choice.------------------------------------
I keep hearing BlackBerry 10 referred to as a "1.0 operating system". It isn't.
- It isa complete departure from the old BlackBerry Operating System.
- *It is also the next evolution of BlackBerry Tablet OS and has much in common with 1.0-2.1 of the PlayBook Tablet OS
- By xLucky7 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 17Last Post: 12-09-2010, 05:54 PM
- By jsvd in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 18Last Post: 08-31-2010, 12:07 PM
- By jsvd in forum BlackBerry Bold 9780Replies: 18Last Post: 08-31-2010, 12:07 PM
- By neanea in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 4Last Post: 11-22-2009, 01:09 AM
- By ashalim in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 37Last Post: 10-21-2009, 03:25 PM