Blackberry Will Not Connect Via USB or Blackberry Desktop
Hi, I have a Blackberry Bold 9700.
I can not connect via USB or Connect to Blackberry Desktop. It use to connect but now nothing. I was on OS5 software and now OS6. Not sure if this was the casue.
If i connect the USB cable it charges the phone but no connection. When i put other Blackberry phones onto the same Laptop, using the same USB cable it works perfectly.
I have tried the following:
1. Enable storage to ticked - then save etc
2. Update/Refreshed USB on PC
3. Disable the clock when connecting USB " When charging - Do Nothing"
Sorry to sound silly, but is that the USB port pin on the phone or the USB port pin on the charger itself?
I presume you mean the phone as i have changed my USB cable?
Is it possible to get that port replaced?
Can someone get data off for a back up without changing this port?
I also tried to connect via Bluetooth to do a backup but clearly i am doing something wrong.........
Thanx so much for your reply.
- 01-17-13, 12:26 PM #4
Yes, the phone.
Do you have bluetooth on ypur PC to connect to? You can use BB Protect to backup in the meantime, provided you are on BIS and it's available in your region.
Yes, the port can be replaced. Should cost about $40 all told.
- By intouchdp in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-10-12, 11:51 PM
- By FlissH in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 16Last Post: 01-03-12, 10:29 AM
- By jls29745 in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 2Last Post: 05-26-10, 10:35 PM
- By cweston28 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 06-26-09, 11:53 PM
- By scoobyblue76 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 06-26-09, 06:14 PM