Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry doesn't finish loading and won't turn on!!

Please help!!

This morning I tried opening up my SMS but it wouldn't open.. said something was wrong with the javascript or something. Everything else was opening up fine so I turned the phone off and took the battery out. Now it keeps loading up to about 3/4 of the way and it just freezes there! I've tried connecting it to the computer but I can't backup my files coz there's no way I can type the password in off the phone... somebody please helppp.. I don't wanna have to reset the whole thing coz my files aren't backed up
    Thanked by:
    jkatwima (05-20-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,165 Global Posts
    PIN
    IT TO THE FLOOR!!!

There have been times where I've had to wait as long as 30min for a Berry to boot back up after having an issue. Try again with the sdcard and sim card out...
    there is no spoon
    New to BlackBerry? BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I've had it on charge for about an hour or two now.. and it's still stuck at the same place :'( Should I take the SIM and media card out? Thanks for replying!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

Take the battery out, put it back. Hold the Escape key down all the time the phone is booting.

This puts the phone into Safe Mode and should allow it to complete the boot process.

When this happens, you will not see any of you installed app coming up. This is normal. In Safe Mode, the phone just boots up with the native apps only.

Hopefully this will solve your problem and yoiu'll see a full boot. Do a Backup immediately befor you do anything else. This saves your data.

Next, sync to Outlook so you get a readable copy of it too.

Come back here and we will try to fix what went wrong when you have done all that.
    Thanked by 2:
    jkatwima (05-20-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,165 Global Posts
    PIN
    IT TO THE FLOOR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deedeeee View Post
    I've had it on charge for about an hour or two now.. and it's still stuck at the same place :'( Should I take the SIM and media card out? Thanks for replying!
    Take it off the charger, pull the battery and media card (you can leave the SIM in), and replace the battery. Do not plug in!!! Walk away for a half hour, and see how that goes.
    there is no spoon
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,165 Global Posts
    PIN
    IT TO THE FLOOR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete6 View Post
    Take the battery out, put it back. Hold the Escape key down all the time the phone is booting.

This puts the phone into Safe Mode and should allow it to complete the boot process.

When this happens, you will not see any of you installed app coming up. This is normal. In Safe Mode, the phone just boots up with the native apps only.

Hopefully this will solve your problem and yoiu'll see a full boot. Do a Backup immediately befor you do anything else. This saves your data.

Come back here and we will try to fix what went wrong when you have done all that.
    Ah, forgot about safe mode

OP: Do what Pete6 says
    there is no spoon
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

Quote Originally Posted by maxiang View Post
    Take it off the charger, pull the battery and media card (you can leave the SIM in), and replace the battery. Do not plug in!!! Walk away for a half hour, and see how that goes.
    A good suggestion anyway.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Have my thumb on the escape key right now but it''s still freezing at the same place been stuck here for a few minutes now
    Thanked by:
    jkatwima (05-20-2011) 
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

This is not good.

This sounds like one of two things may be happening.

1) The OS (software) is corrupt the only recovery path is to reload the OS. This also regrettably means that we cannot do a Backup. Your phone data is 90% certain to be lost. Why 90%? Because there is a slight chance that the OS update software within Desktop Manager will still successfully Backup your data. However I do not belev that this will be the case I am sorry to say.

2) There is a hardware fault with your phone. IF htis is the case then a new OS will not load.

Pleae try a few more times to make absolutely sure that the poor thing is not going to recover. I hate this and losing someone's personal data is not something I take lightly.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

This is not good.

This sounds like one of two things may be happening.

1) The OS (software) is corrupt the only recovery path is to reload the OS. This also regrettably means that we cannot do a Backup. Your phone data is 90% certain to be lost. Why 90%? Because there is a slight chance that the OS update software within Desktop Manager will still successfully Backup your data. However I do not belev that this will be the case I am sorry to say.

2) There is a hardware fault with your phone. IF htis is the case then a new OS will not load.

Pleae try a few more times to make absolutely sure that the poor thing is not going to recover. I hate this and losing someone's personal data is not something I take lightly.
    Tried a few times now.. definitely not going to work don't know how this could have happened the phone was working fine in the morning.. just the SMS not loading.

How do I reset the OS? Is there definitely no other way? I have a backup file from a few months ago so wouldn't be the end of the world, but there's a far amount that I would lose if I had to reset the whole thing. Thanks again for the help
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

First we need you to say which BlackBerry phone you have and which carrier you are with.

Reloading the OS is fairly straightforward but if this phone is still undeerr warranty then you may prefer to simply return it to your carrier and ask them so sort it out for you.

To answer your questions:

Is there no other way? If it is not working then there really is not much else to do other than what you have already tried.

How could this have happened? It is rare that a BlackBerry simply gives up and falls over like this. What causes it is unknown to me with regard to your phone. I am suspicious that there could be a hardware fault which is why I suggested that you returned the phone to your carrier for remedy.

To relaod the OS yourself is not that hard. Here is a good first guide to read BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com.

I live in Europe and shall be off to bed shortly so I am afraid that I won;t be around until tommorrow.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

First we need you to say which BlackBerry phone you have and which carrier you are with.

Reloading the OS is fairly straightforward but if this phone is still undeerr warranty then you may prefer to simply return it to your carrier and ask them so sort it out for you.

To answer your questions:

Is there no other way? If it is not working then there really is not much else to do other than what you have already tried.

How could this have happened? It is rare that a BlackBerry simply gives up and falls over like this. What causes it is unknown to me with regard to your phone. I am suspicious that there could be a hardware fault which is why I suggested that you returned the phone to your carrier for remedy.

To relaod the OS yourself is not that hard. Here is a good first guide to read BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com.

I live in Europe and shall be off to bed shortly so I am afraid that I won;t be around until tommorrow.
    I have warranty. I think I'm going to wipe the whole thing and if it still doesn't work I'll send it off to get a new one.
    If I sent it off before wiping it do you thnik there's a chance they'd be able to save my data?

Thanks for your help really appreciate it!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

Quote Originally Posted by deedeeee View Post
    I have warranty. I think I'm going to wipe the whole thing and if it still doesn't work I'll send it off to get a new one.
    If I sent it off before wiping it do you thnik there's a chance they'd be able to save my data?

Thanks for your help really appreciate it!
    I could not sleep.

If you send your phone off with the data inact then there is always a chance that it will be recovered.

I'd try that. It's your best bet truthfully.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

I could not sleep.

If you send your phone off with the data inact then there is always a chance that it will be recovered.

I'd try that. It's your best bet truthfully.
    Ok thank you!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Well, you're SOL. Chances are they won't back it up or be able to recover it. But who knows, RIM has their ways. Send it off with a note that you want your data e-mailed to you in a word document (if they'll do that) or an .ipd, which DM can restore to your device when you get the replacement. Sorry for your loss.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

this is happening to my phone at this moment also...it happened with my last blackberry and they said it was water damage and got a new one...but this time the water damage indicator is in tact. im trying to safe mode it but its not working at all. im due an upgrade and although i do love my blackberry i wont be getting another one.

PIN

@Yazmin Glasspool Why won't you try reloading the OS? Why don't you restore a backup selectively? Don't be so negative about the new blackberry 10 devices, because they will NOT be the same as what you're experiencing. I'm telling you. It's a whole new OS. It's QNX.

It'll be sad to see you go. If you are trolling, I'm ashamed that I even replied and will delete this reply if so.
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry Newbie

i just left it on the loading screen for a hour and its worked its come traight back on...im due an upgrade in feb so might just see if i can go in early and upgrade. thank you for your help and if anyone else has this same problem just leave it running and it should work. well it did with mine...the system safe mode doesnt work it just takes a while to load lol i dont know what phone to get atm i like the look of the new bold...although the apps arnt as good as android or iphones. this is not a troll my phone didnt work lol

PIN

@Yazmin Glasspool Glad you manaaged to recover it.

Reloading clean and a selective restore of contacts, bookmarks, calendar, bbm, etc. And it should be fast and smooth again.
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi
    my bb 9900 bold did not complete booting it's stop at nearly 80% then white screen.
    when i started laoder2 no showing com1
    Blackberry doesn't finish loading and won't turn on!!-capture.jpg
    whats the solution plz؟
    Blackberry doesn't finish loading and won't turn on!!-img00220-20130817-1600.jpg
    CrackBerry Newbie

its not going pass that point where it stopped loading, now what ?
    CrackBerry Newbie

it doesn't load past the point where it stopped now what ?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by maxiang View Post
    Ah, forgot about safe mode

OP: Do what Pete6 says
    it does'nt go pass the point where it stops loading now what ?
    CrackBerry Newbie

maxiang can you please help me ?
    CrackBerry Newbie

how do i get my phone off safe mode?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast