Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Bold SMS problems

hey so i got a blackberry bold 9700 for christmas and i've been having only one problem with the phone. Sometimes when I've been having a conversation, through sms text messages, with someone I will be randomly unable to open a newly received sms text message and cannot open it for a while. I got it checked and they gave me a new phone, and this one is doing the same thing. Sometimes i can't open it for 10 mins and then sometimes i have to delete it because it's been over 2 hours. this is getting really annoying and more and more frequent. does anyone know what i should do? cause the bell people dont even know. thanks for the help.
    Banned

PIN
    Terminated Member

Quote Originally Posted by hpoloplayer View Post
    hey so i got a blackberry bold 9700 for christmas and i've been having only one problem with the phone. Sometimes when I've been having a conversation, through sms text messages, with someone I will be randomly unable to open a newly received sms text message and cannot open it for a while. I got it checked and they gave me a new phone, and this one is doing the same thing. Sometimes i can't open it for 10 mins and then sometimes i have to delete it because it's been over 2 hours. this is getting really annoying and more and more frequent. does anyone know what i should do? cause the bell people dont even know. thanks for the help.
    The whole sms module in 5.0 is just a mess. RIM needs to fix it and release a new OS without the bugs and with a feature to disable threaded sms.

Why RIM isn't getting the message on this is beyond me. They need to get off their chairs and get to work.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,492 Global Posts
    PIN
    type mypin

you can try updating your os version
    Guys/Gals when I post things I am posting to the best of my knowledge if I am for certain incorrect please correct me more knowledge to me helps. Thanks!
    http://twitter.com/sn4p2k10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,689 Global Posts

If it happens, hit compose sms, type in their name and hit ok. It'll bring up the threaded text and then you will be able to see your message. Its worked most of the time I've had the issue (which was maybe 3 or 4 times since release day)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dLo GSR View Post
    If it happens, hit compose sms, type in their name and hit ok. It'll bring up the threaded text and then you will be able to see your message. Its worked most of the time I've had the issue (which was maybe 3 or 4 times since release day)

Thanks for the tip...definitely beats a battery pull
    "They tried to make me go to rehab, I said, 'No. No. No.'"
    R.I.P to my namesake, Amy Winehouse.

Mom: "Do you feel some kind of way reading BlackBerry forums on your iPad?"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by bulls2213 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I, for one, love the feature, and my guess is the majority of people feel the same because I have only seen maybe one or two other people who feel the way you do. Calling it a "mess" is a massive exaggeration... aside from the bugs, which are rare, what exactly don't you like about it?
    The bugs aren't rare, it happens to my phone multiple times a day, I'm going to try the composing sms and then writing in the name of that specific recipient. Thanks for all the help and I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. The OS is a problem and even though I've updated it there is no change. The sms feature is amazing and I love it but RIM has to sort out the bugs before it's at it's best. Hopefully it'll be soon.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,689 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hpoloplayer View Post
    The bugs aren't rare, it happens to my phone multiple times a day, I'm going to try the composing sms and then writing in the name of that specific recipient. Thanks for all the help and I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. The OS is a problem and even though I've updated it there is no change. The sms feature is amazing and I love it but RIM has to sort out the bugs before it's at it's best. Hopefully it'll be soon.

Which OS's have you tried and how frequent was the issue between them (did it change)? Cuz it's definitely not that common of a problem so something's gotta be up with either the OS builds you used, it's completely on the software side of course.
    Previously: Blackberry Bold 9700 - 6.0.0.344
    Currently: Motorola Atrix - Android 2.2

"Simplicity provides a fine line between elegance and plainness."
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by dLo GSR View Post
    Which OS's have you tried and how frequent was the issue between them (did it change)? Cuz it's definitely not that common of a problem so something's gotta be up with either the OS builds you used, it's completely on the software side of course.
    Everything is updated to the highest os available. It's the updates sent from blackberry and I've even returned everything to the original settings and then upgraded again. But the trick of composing an sms and then writing in the name and it opens up the thread

CrackBerry User

This happened to me a couple of times but it was only with one contact. I just figured the thread was too long and I deleted the "chat". It's weird though because it was only that one contact multiple times.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I haven't had this issue once since I updated to .423.
    Couple times on .330. Glad I switched to the newer OS.
    CrackBerry User

I haven't had this issue since upgrading to .423, used to have it happen to me multiple times a day on .330 though. But I still have the "disappearing" SMS issue...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by potmunkey View Post
    I haven't had this issue since upgrading to .423, used to have it happen to me multiple times a day on .330 though. But I still have the "disappearing" SMS issue...
    How exactly do I check my sms os? Cause as far as I know everything is updated to the newest os's possible. But I don't know much about blackberries and could be mistaken