CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Blackberry Bold 9700 (OS6) Camera + Flash not working

Hi, I've been having a problem with my bold 9700 camera and flash.

I have OS6 installed on my blackberry with some 3rd party apps and themes. (Although none of these are interfering, I tried it on clean install of OS6 too, still had problems)

The flash + Camera will not work. When I load the camera up, I get no error messages but get a black screen instead, it has all of the normal camera options but the take picture/video button is greyed out and I cannot press it.

I've also tried testing the flash with a torchlight app to see if the flash worked, this doesn't work either. (I'm not sure if this is disabled because of the camera not working though)

In eventlog (Alt + lglg) I see no errors about the camera or any other applications.

Does anyone know if it is easy to fix this issue, my phone is out of guarantee and would preferably not like to take it apart. (I can, but, I don't feel comfortable)

I live in the UK, any cheap places I can get it fixed?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

435 views and not a single comment, Surely someone knows something about this?
    CrackBerry User

just cause someone views the problem doesnt mean they know the solution.

im actually being worst than them because im wasting your time by telling you that i have never heard of this problem before.

How small is the UK, is someone able to give you the name of a place and you will be able to get to it no problem?

Jokes Aside,

reading the topic, it sounds like a camera + flash issue when used together.

reading the post seems like you have a hardware camera problem, and a hardware flash problem.

i may be wrong, but those two parts (if seperate) may need to be replaced.

if your comfortable with opening tiny/modern electronics, then you shuold be able to buy the parts online and replace them yourself.

if your not comfortable, any cell phone/electronics repair shop in your area should be able to give you advice.

not sure how much i actually helped with this post

ALSO:, is this problem only existant on OS6 for you? if you were to go back to os5, would the camera work again?

I know while using BB BOSS, there are the options to remove: Camera (Still), Video Camera..but it is in a section called:

"Advanced (May cause problems on some devices)"

not sure if you installed a shrunken OS? or if u ever done anything like that before.
    Last edited by silvershadowkat; 06-11-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by silvershadowkat View Post
    just cause someone views the problem doesnt mean they know the solution.

im actually being worst than them because im wasting your time by telling you that i have never heard of this problem before.

How small is the UK, is someone able to give you the name of a place and you will be able to get to it no problem?

Jokes Aside,

reading the topic, it sounds like a camera + flash issue when used together.

reading the post seems like you have a hardware camera problem, and a hardware flash problem.

i may be wrong, but those two parts (if seperate) may need to be replaced.

if your comfortable with opening tiny/modern electronics, then you shuold be able to buy the parts online and replace them yourself.

if your not comfortable, any cell phone/electronics repair shop in your area should be able to give you advice.

not sure how much i actually helped with this post

ALSO:, is this problem only existant on OS6 for you? if you were to go back to os5, would the camera work again?

I know while using BB BOSS, there are the options to remove: Camera (Still), Video Camera..but it is in a section called:

"Advanced (May cause problems on some devices)"

not sure if you installed a shrunken OS? or if u ever done anything like that before.
    Hmm, I'd rather not mess with the camera and flash since its difficult to do.

The camera and flash broke when I dropped it one day, so OS5 wouldn't help it.

I only installed the OS from the official blackberry device manager and it is currently at the latest OS.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Did you ever get your phone fixed? I have the same problem!