Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Battery state of health stuck at 77% after replacing the battery

Hi,
    I'm currently using wu-wei's alcohol hybrid on 2 9700's that I got on second hand a few months ago.
    The problem is I've got a fake battery (bought as being an 'official' on a local store) and an original blackberry one.
    On the first 9700 I was using the fake battery and the battery state of health reported 77~76%, on the second 9700 I was using the original battery with 100% reported health (too good to be true?).
    But since then I've swapped batteries since I wanted the best run time on my primary phone, but something weird happened: the state of health remained the same even after fully charging, discharging and charging again the phones. I've also done a numerous number of battery pulls with no effect.

Summing up:
    before original:100% fake:77%
    now original:77% fake:100%

Is there a way to reset the battery state of health? (I've thought that it was stored in the battery itself)
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    11,773 Global Posts

You may be able to access the eScreen in order to reset the battery life but I'm not 100% sure. Using hybrids and fake batteries -- no wonder its messed up, lol.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I'm have acess to escreen but I don't see anything to reset the health status. Anyway I'm am now at stock os to see what happens, so that I can rule out the hybrid (it works fine on the other bb).
    Last edited by cracknburn; 11-30-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,340 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin: her: down: on: a: photograph: album: I: am: not: worried: I: am: not: overly: concerned:

Correct. Escreen is the only way I know of to even check battery health status, and there is no option to "reset" that status.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

The battery with the stock os 723 dropped from 40% to 9% almost instantly. Since the phone won't let me drain the battery bellow the 3,60 volts I've drained it to 3,30 under load (3,45 on open circuit) now it's charging and let's see how it goes.
    On the other hand the fake battery is still going strong on the other 9700 with wu-wei alcohol hybrid (3 days without recharging and is still on 50%, bear in mind that I don't use much the other 9700 only for a few emails/sms a day).

Btw thanks wu-wei for the great hybrids rocking with an 32gigs card filled with music and no lag at all!

Edit: The phone still acts funky must be some kind of hardware failure. Swapped batteries and still nothing. Is there any way to reset the nvram of the 9700?
    Last edited by cracknburn; 11-24-2012 at 10:47 AM.