| | 06-13-2012, 08:44 AM Thread Author #1
Battery Problem Solved !
Hey guys, longtime lurker on this forum here.
Love the enthusiasm on this forum whenever someone is faced with a problem. People are quick to respond and I have been blessed by the response and knowledge of you guys and today is my chance to give back to the community.
I notice that a lot of people have similar problems with their batteries while I was looking for a way to solve the red X on battery problem. Below is an example, picture borrowed from here. (Battery Problem - Please help - BlackBerry Support Community Forums). OS5 and OS6 have different icons, but the same idea.
I could not get my phone turned on and have tried all of the following solutions.
1. Take out battery, plug in charger to phone, wait til red light comes on, and put the battery back.
2. Connect the phone with usb to a computer and reinstall OS.
3. Slam the phone keyboard side down to a bed.
4. Leave battery in the phone, plug in charger, and leave it pluged in for X amount of time. (Tried 30mins, 2 hours, 1 day, 2 days, none worked.)
5. Clean the contacts on the battery and phone.
6. Get a new battery. (Tried both knock-offs and genuine)
7. Just keep pulling the battery and turning on the phone. Hoping the phone will turn on.
If you HAVE dropped you phone before and none of those techniques worked for you. You might be in luck. The idea of slamming the phone on a mattress gave me an idea that perhaps the contacts are somehow loose (i.e. dropping the phone). So heres what I did.
Simple enough, the phone turned on just right. No more sudden battery drain, or phone wont turn on BS.
I hope this post could help resolve your battery problems.