CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Battery drained. Shutting down handheld.

Hey guys!

Lately I've been having this issue with my phone (maybe 2 weeks or 3) and as much as I've searched through google and forums I haven't been able to find a proper solution, topics usually just die or thread openers wont answer again.

The phone battery drains randomly as I'm doing something on my phone. Phone calls, Downloading an app from the App World, Navigating through my Twitter App. whilst using Facebook Chat, watching videos from YouTube, Using the camera with Flash and many more.

These are the possible solutions I've tried:

• Try a new Battery
    • Try my own battery in other devices.
    • Reinstall the OS.
    • Try another OS.

Currently I'm wiping my phone (Again >_<) and I'm going to leave it without ANY app besides Twitter which I really need. No e-mails, no WhatsApp, nothing else. And I'm also going to remove the Memory Card.

Do you have some feedback for me? I'm getting really desperate here and I can't afford a new phone right now!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Can you provide some more info like:

What blackberry model?
    What OS version are you running?
    What appversions are you running? (eq. twitter 2/3/4beta, whatsapp version, etc.)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I'm using a Blackberry Bold 9700, that's why I posted it on this board specifically!

Currently the only app I'm using is Twitter. I'm using the latest beta version. Then I deleted it and went back to the current official release 3.3 to check if it had anything to do and yet it still happens.
    I've noticed that the device never shuts down if it's plugged into the charger.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Okay, what you can try is wipe your device, reinstall 6.0.0.706 and then install all your apps one-by-one. Sometimes when I reinstall an older version after battery drain it still drains and than when I wipe my device and reinstall anything the battery drain is gone.
    Thanked by:
    Coffee Shampoo (12-16-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I just did as you asked me two days ago and it got worse.

I've done some more testing like overclocking the phone and it happens on those occasions too. BUT! I also noticed the phone doesn't go off when it's charging. I did everything I usually do and used it plugged to the charger for 5 hours and never did it shut down. What do you think it could be?

I forgot to mention that the phone comes back with low battery when it goes off, like, less than 50% and sometimes 1%. Even if it was full charge beforehand. I've tried to charge it without having the phone on until the light is green but it still didn't make it work. Do you think it could be the battery? :s
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

When I read this I think there is a big chance that it's the battery.

To check your battery health you can do the following steps:

1. take the battery out
    2. put it on a flat surface (eq. a table or desk)
    3. give your battery a twist.

If your battery starts wobbling while it's spinning your battery is almost dead. If it spins like you would expect it, no wobbling or anything your battery is good.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by nck20 View Post
    When I read this I think there is a big chance that it's the battery.

To check your battery health you can do the following steps:

1. take the battery out
    2. put it on a flat surface (eq. a table or desk)
    3. give your battery a twist.

If your battery starts wobbling while it's spinning your battery is almost dead. If it spins like you would expect it, no wobbling or anything your battery is good.
    I haven't done that yet but I have a question. If I don't use an official BlackBerry charger, can that affect the battery life? I'm using a Motorola USB cable, plugged into my iPhone's wall charger. Kinda like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery drained. Shutting down handheld.-img-20121218-00010.jpg  
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

That can definitely effect your battery life. It effects your battery when there is a difference between voltage that comes out of the charger.

So check the amount of voltage that comes out of a Blackberry charger and that from a Apple charger. If there is a difference (Apple = higher than Blackberry) drop the Apple charger and buy a original Blackberry charger and a new battery.

But first check your battery like I explained.