Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bad Bold 9700 Battery!

Hello, I hope some can suggest something else, or clarify if anyone has had a bad battery. I have had my 9700 for just over a year and about one month ago my battery just stopped holding a charge. Originally I noticed when the charge got to about 50% it would die almost immediately. The battery had a life of maybe 6 hrs and if I was playing a video or on the phone, much much less. Now I can only have about a 15 min conversation and the battery dies. And when I charge it, the battery reaches full charge in only about 15 min as well. I have contacted BB help and they suggested it might be a problem with any new apps that might be installed, but I ruled that out. Then I did a clean install of the OS ( 6.0.0.600) and that hasn't helped. And I just installed OS 6.0.0.615, but I haven't seen change yet. Has anyone else hada problem with their battery like this or can anyone suggest a new fix if it might be a software problem. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I am also wondering if its due to a faulty battery that my 9700 gets warm when I charge it or when I browse, etc. Other wise its fine, but if I say, listen to TuniIn, especially on 3G, it will be quite warm. Screen too btw, not only the back. Thanks.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

What I did was get an extended battery off ebay. $12 set me back, free shipping. Never looked back once I got it.

Three to five days of battery life is a winner.

My stock battery only lasted up to 20% until it "died" without notice or even a warning. I since threw it out to the battery recycling place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com