Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default After one year no update os for 9700

what going on why they dont update the os

i have one year with this OS everyday i have to pull battery for refresh the MEMORY, please give me some new stable OS 6.* for fix my issue i use bbsak and many others and didnt fix my issue with my bb 9700

Latest Official 9700 OS 6.0.0.723 SK Telecom
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 01-04-2013 at 06:17 AM. Reason: language

Global Posts
    35,490 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

I remember when the 9700 came out, over 3 years ago. Great phone in it's day, and ran well on OS5. OS6 was always a stretch for it, and a daily reboot inescapable. Heck, I have to daily on my 9930 now. They may release another OS. They just did recently for the 8900. However, I'm positive it won't resolve your memory problem. Try reverting to OS5 if it bothers you that much.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: After one year no update os for 9700

I still have that phone too. I doubt we'll ever see an update to os6. That was what the 9780 was after all. Having said that I do still think it's great. The battery lasts forever even when I'm stuck on an 8 hour conference call.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,546 Global Posts

I suspect it has something to do with the phone being released in 2009 (it's now 2013) and likely not having the hardware to run a newer OS. I remember when I stuck OS 6 on it. I loved the new browser and universal search, but the OS left me almost no room for apps. It could also be the carrier too. In the forums you'll see lots of complaints about carrier A and B offering an update, but carrier C not because they haven't tested it on their networks.

I have fond memories of that device too. Super light, durable and it lasted absolutely forever on battery charge. I probably used it longer than any of my other BlackBerrys.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry User

Today DM showed new OS 6.0.0.749 from T-Mobile - 9780M_PBr6.0.0_rel3159_PL6.6.0.250_A6.0.0.749.exe

Now just need exe to shrink it
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by YogS View Post
    Today DM showed new OS 6.0.0.749 from T-Mobile - 9780M_PBr6.0.0_rel3159_PL6.6.0.250_A6.0.0.749.exe

Now just need exe to shrink it

that is for 9780 i have 9700

Global Posts
    3,500 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0

ok.. let me see if I understand what you're saying here.. it's RIM's fault that they aren't updating a 4 year old phone that you chose to buy a year ago?

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.1418/misc) and everything in between + Playbook 32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition

Global Posts
    35,490 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,389 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin: her: down: on: a: photograph: album: I: am: not: worried: I: am: not: overly: concerned:

Quote Originally Posted by u2pop View Post
    that is for 9780 i have 9700
    Open your eyes. There's a new OS for the 9700. Chill out man.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by wu-wei View Post
    Open your eyes. There's a new OS for the 9700. Chill out man.
    yeah i saw that in next day they added in the topic stick thank buddy
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,389 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin: her: down: on: a: photograph: album: I: am: not: worried: I: am: not: overly: concerned:

Quote Originally Posted by u2pop View Post
    yeah i saw that in next day they added in the topic stick thank buddy
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    581 Global Posts

There's little to no point waiting or whining about it now, it's a 2009 phone. How good is the 3GS today? Just hang on for a couple of months longer. My phone is so bad it needs TWO reboots a day to function, I do one overnight and one during lunch break, even on a hybrid and even with everything that can possibly be shrunken out to be shrunk. That's just the way it is and the sacrifice I take to get the universal search and updated browser, both of which I use daily, and the 25 downloaded apps I have on my phone.

Honestly at this point it's about waiting it out for BB10, which should hopefully arrive in February sometime. If you were planning on switching to Apple/Android you may as well do so now or whenever a deal pops up.

I'm not going to bother installing the new OS until someone adequately tests their hybrid build on it, it's probably going to boot with 20mb Application Memory free and need a restart every two hours unless they were working a software miracle over the last year