11-25-10 01:43 PM
- i love my 9700 (i have os6.0), but sometimes on web browsing i wished i had a bigger display.
The torch could be the solution, but i had the storm and hated it because i could never adapted writing with a virtual keyboard.
i read also that many people complain about the physical keyboard of thorch.
can someone give some highlights?
thanks11-25-10 08:40 AM
- Crucial_XtremeRetired ModeratorIt's nice to have the screen size of the 9800. And obviously you don't have to use the virtual kb if you don't want to. But I will say the 9800's keyboard is completely inferior to that of the 9700. There isn't much the 9800 offers that the 9700 doesn't. Screen size is mainly it. The 9800 is alright for a while, but unless you're a true touch screen lover, you'll want your 9700 before too long. IMHO.11-25-10 08:45 AM
- I had the Torch for 7 days then I returned it and got a full refund.
Back to the trusty 9700.
The Torch has a big nice display, nothing beats it. The thing is:
1) I hated the virtual keyboard, so I thought it's ok I have a physical keyboard, I used it for a week, it's not that bad, don't get me wrong, but upon holding a 9700 keyboard of a friend, man it is so much better. The Torch keyboard is just flat out since it has to slide in the phone so they couldn't make the keys as buldged out as the 9700 or 9780 for that matter.
The main thing I buy a BB for is typing and messaging on BBM, so that defeated the whole purpose.
2) The battery life on the Torch although is improved with the newer OS, it is no where as good as the 9700 which has more capacity specs wise, and lasts longer due to a small screen which is crisp clear to look at by the way.
That said, the 9800 is a nice device but not for my needs.
So these are the honest points highlited and the choice is yours.
PS: When I got my 9700 OS 6 threw a new life to it! It's awesome!
It has a few glitches like the cursor disappearing in a BBM Message so you wouldn't know what you're highlighting unless you hold the shift button and scroll up and down, but I could live with that until they release an official OS 6
I did downgrade to OS 5 today but it was too plain, and I had an issue with BrickbBreaker controls not working properly so I am back on OS 6, it is much better than OS 5 even though it's only a leak.11-25-10 09:19 AM
- I tried out the torch, but sliders aren't my thing, nor are touch screens I'll stay with my 9700, if that dies, it'll be a temporary curve 3G, or used curve 8900, then back to the 9700, or 9780, whichever is offered cheapest by wind mobile in 2 years.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com11-25-10 10:57 AM
- Crucial_XtremeRetired Moderator11-25-10 11:24 AMLike 1
- I've never even thought about getting a torch because of the slider (quite simply, never liked them). The screen on the 9700 can be a bit small at times, especially when reading forums like this but at the end of the day it is a mobile phone, if we wanted to browse forums all day we'd dump the Blackberry and get back to our pc's.
There's my two pennies worth.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com11-25-10 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD