Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9700 Reboots

Hey there..
    So I've seen in various threads that people are having issues with their 9700 Rebooting. I have been told by Telus that it is a hardware issue... but I am now on my 3rd unit and find it hard to believe that it's that. My friend (who works at rim) and I are starting to think it's actually a problem with the backups. So I thought I would find out who else was having this issue... and maybe see if we can find something in common we all have.

If you have a 9700 that isn't rebooting feel free to comment as well. That can help us too!

Who are you with (Telus, AT&T, etc)
    Is this your first berry. If not what did you have before.
    Did you add your contacts/email using a backup
    If yes, did you do a full restore or custom.
    When adding your BBM contacts did you use the remote backup, or your backup.
    Do you notice the restarts happen at an specific times? Doing specific tasks?

thanks in advance for everyones help!
    Last edited by megcashman; 01-13-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,512 Global Posts
    PIN
    type mypin

im using a 9700 on at&t and I have no rebooting problems what so ever. I did have a problem with a corrupted backup file where I had to do a partial restore to get it to work correctly.
    Guys/Gals when I post things I am posting to the best of my knowledge if I am for certain incorrect please correct me more knowledge to me helps. Thanks!
    http://twitter.com/sn4p2k10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

mine rebooted on it's own twice as well while charging. wiped and reloaded OS and no problems so far.
    CrackBerry User

Mine also rebooted twice once I plugged the charger in. I didn't do anything like wiping or upgrading yet...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Mine recently started doing this, it seems incredibly random. It happens during phone calls, in my pocket, out of pocket, sitting flat on a counter, etc. It doesn't happen extremely frequently, but it is incredibly annoying.