CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    PIN
    2A94210D
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9700 not recognizing headphones

My 9700 does not recognize ANY headphones with a built in microphone. I tried my Apple earphones (with mic), and it doesn't recognize them... I can only use my Beats using the standard no-mic red cable...

Has this happened to anyone?
    Any advice?

Thanks,

Bobby
    BlackBerry Bold 9930/9700
    Sure, itís going to kill a lot of people, but they may be dying of something else anyway.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28519AFC

its possible the contacts are bent out from the inside connector not making contact with the plug in part of your headset...it can be fixed but you need to open the phone and bend them back inward...have to be careful you don`t over bend it back inwards or it will snap the contact...
    Yes i have done this before had the same issue with an old 9700....was rather old and well used too...
    Paul Atherton
    CrackBerry Newbie

I was just having this problem up until a couple minutes ago. I looked in a couple places and people were saying to change it to headset mode or something (?) and eventually I just slowly plugged it in and unplugged it and it caught a connection or something and now is working. I am using Apple headphones btw. Hope this helped, I made an acc. just to post this as I know how annoying it can be.
    Thanked by:
    shog7n (05-03-2013)