Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9700: Media card slot won't lock

I've seen this posted before how ever I have yet to find a solution. Apologies if you've been asked this before.

My SD media won't stay in the slot. No matter how far or hard I push it in, it doesn't engage the lock. Just keeps popping out. The card reader still works. If I manually hold it in place it reads the card, just doesn't lock in place.

I'm hoping to find a way to fix the lock before I run out and buy a replacement card slot.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    AS KONG MAHAL!

seems like the lock holding the card is damaged or mis-aligned. try dismantling it from the phone to completely check, if it is damaged, better get a replacement.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for the quick reply.

I removed it yesterday to inspect it. I couldn't see any damage, just that the spring wasn't triggering the lock. I guess I don't have much choice other than to replace it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,088 Global Posts
    PIN
    32E87D6D

Did you try a different card?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Yes, I've tried 3 different cards.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Since you've tried all possible ways, the best option is to replace it.

PS. The strength of the spring can actually shoot the memory card a great distance, across the room to be exact, or in your face if not careful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

You can purchase a new mid-case which will come with all new parts installed including the card slot. It's not too expensive (<$15) on eBay. I recently got a complete new housing set (including the midcase and a new trackpad) for about $30.

I figure, if you need to fix something, might as well take the chance to give your phone a new look and feel good about it.
    ~ Spare Time App Developer ~
    (My PlayBook Apps: e-Mmanuel+ Bible Reader, e-Mmanuel Audio Bible, Business Analysis Toolbox, RiskASSIST, StakeholdersASSIST)
    See e-Mmanuel+ FaceBook Page for latest app news!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Thanks everyone. I ended up getting a replacement part yesterday. I wanted to get it working as soon as possible so I was worried about the turn around time for ordering online. Luckily I was able to find a place locally that had it for a reasonable price and replaced it last night.

Long story short, it's working now!

Thanks again.