Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 2 Questions about my Bold 9700

1. Why is it that my 9700 on Tmobile sometimes drops to 2G even with a full 3g signal while using voice and data? Is this is a software or network issue??

2. I had a Seidio case + holster for my 8900 that my 9700 just replaced. What I want to know is if the holster I bought for my 8900 will work for my 9700 and that way i only need to buy the 9700 innocase 360 and I can save a little money.

Anyone know for sure? Any help would be appreciated.
    CrackBerry Abuser

1) proabaly a network issue call them
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

1. Definitely a network issue

2. You're going to need buy one for the Bold 9700
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

1. Yep, definitely a network issue. I have one spot that I drive through that although it appears to have good 3G coverage, it always seems to drop my calls down to EDGE or even GPRS. It never goes back up to 3G once it drops down. I'm AT&T.
    CrackBerry Genius

Tmobile admits to a well know issue dropping from 3G all the way to GPRS sometimes. They know it, the BB department told me that they have the same problem on their personal 9700's, What OS are you running?
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts

The ports on the 8900 are not in the same place as the 9700 plus the shape is slightly different
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,199 Global Posts

1] network issue
    2] 9700 wouldn't work in the 8900 holster
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts

ok, what kinda of holster are you talking about? are you talking about the clip holster? then yes that will work fine with your 9700, trust me i know, i have one here that i have used

if you are talking about the case working with the 9700, well then no, because well its simply two different devices, but i'm sure you knew that
    Check out my Theme blog
    Click Here