- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
1/8 of phone fell?dipped into water
The bottom right corner of my 9700 fell into some soapy water. I turned it off opened it up quickly and let it dry for a bit say 15min. Thinking it was nothing i started it back up again and everything was fine for about 30seconds. The track pad started to lag than just didn't respond. Then the call and on/off button went crazy and replaced the function of the button "b" and "n".
Currently my phone is in a bowl of rice.
1. Did i f&*% the phone by turning it back on without waiting it too fully dry?
2. Can use my warranty and say the track pad just stopped working or will the "know" of the water damage?
3. How much better are android phones?
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
09-02-2011, 11:43 PM #2
- 11,866 Posts
- Optional, but not needed.
For the record, you killed your blackberry. Let it sit for a few days (48 hours minimum) with the battery removed and then try it again.
Warranty won't cover it, especially if the water markers are red.
If you love blackberry, stick with it.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com