So, I imagine that for anyone with a clue and the theme builder, this will be a ridiculously easy theme.

I actually like the "BlackBerry 6 for Verizon" theme that came with the VZW OS 6 upgrade...BUT, what I can't stand is the shadowing or tinting or whatever you call it that surrounds the top with time, signal, etc. and bottom icons. I just want no shadowing/tinting around all that stuff. I've got a 7 month old son that I put pictures of on there all the time and the shadowing/tinting always covers the top and bottom of the picture.

That's the main thing...If it's quick and easy to remove the section that scrolls left to right that changes from "All" to "Favorites" etc., that'd be awesome!

Thanks in advance!
    02-08-11 07:04 PM
    So, I imagine that for anyone with a clue and the theme builder, this will be a ridiculously easy theme.

I actually like the "BlackBerry 6 for Verizon" theme that came with the VZW OS 6 upgrade...BUT, what I can't stand is the shadowing or tinting or whatever you call it that surrounds the top with time, signal, etc. and bottom icons. I just want no shadowing/tinting around all that stuff. I've got a 7 month old son that I put pictures of on there all the time and the shadowing/tinting always covers the top and bottom of the picture.

That's the main thing...If it's quick and easy to remove the section that scrolls left to right that changes from "All" to "Favorites" etc., that'd be awesome!

Thanks in advance!
    Hey! Have you looked at some of the themes here? Someone has already created a theme that would look great with your wallpaper. Check out the free themes and look at the screen shots.

look at this one http://forums.crackberry.com/f212/fr...iendly-543631/
    02-08-11 07:19 PM
    Thanks for the recommendation...Not bad, but not quite what I'd really like. I've looked at a bunch and downloaded quite a few, but I just love the layout of the Verizon one...

I know this particular one may not ALWAYS fit each picture properly, but the typical problem is the shadowing/tinting. Here's what my current home screen looks like...Removing the shadowing/tinting here would be PERFECT!

Hey! Have you looked at some of the themes here? Someone has already created a theme that would look great with your wallpaper. Check out the free themes and look at the screen shots.

look at this one http://forums.crackberry.com/f212/fr...iendly-543631/
    02-08-11 08:53 PM
    OK did you see the one called silver streak or something like that? It basically has the banners like the default one and room for a wallpaper in the middle.

Getting rid of the banners is what everyone clamored for.
    That's why many of the themes are blank screens or banner less or small banners.

Try looking through the themes threads for links to Foppa's themes or any of Al3azims...Newberry, Deuce, or Xpress. They maximize real estate and still give you a dock that you can show or hide.
    02-09-11 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD