Bold 9700/Bold 9650/Tour 9630/Curve 8900/Curve 8500

Current version: v1.4 - Sunday, July 11/2010
    Price: $3.99
    Recognition: Featured on the CrackBerry Theme Roundup for July 12/2010! Thanks for everyone who recommended this theme, you guys are the best!

CrackBerry is giving away 50 free copies of the theme away, so if you're able to wait until they announce the winners, which could possibly be you, then head on over to this link here and leave a comment. Contest ends this Sunday, July 18 at Midnight PST. Please only leave one comment, multiple entries wont count. Thanks goes out to everyone for your ongoing support, feedback, and compliments, I wouldn't have the motivation to do what I do without you!

Overview

As a proud Nexus One owner, I felt inclined to have that same look and feel on my BlackBerry, and what better time than now to celebrate the official release of Android 2.2 codename Froyo (Frozen Yogurt)?!

From the creator who brought you the widely popular ONYXia series, XM-BB, and Series 7 themes, I present to you my most ambitious and technically advanced theme yet: Frozen Yogurt!

YouTube Demo Video - Click . Please note that the video capturing software slows my poor laptop down immensely, affecting the speed at which the simulator operates. The theme will no doubt run at a MUCH smoother pace on your actual phone, this video is for demonstration purposes only. When in doubt, don't take my word for it; read the many comments about how fast this theme runs on the actual phone =)

Features

- Over 1400 lines of fully optimized, custom-coded SVG
    - Rich, fully-skinned interface supports a full departure from the rather boring BlackBerry look and feel
    - 5 scrollable homescreens with panoramic wallpapers (very wide wallpapers that slide left and right as you navigate left and right through the multiple screens)
    - Google Search widget (launches the Google website, will implement a fully-working integrated search bar in upcoming versions)
    - Power Control widget contains 6 most used daily functions
    - 6-icon user-defined bottom dock + Froyo-styled 2-icon launcher dock which is also user-definable
    - IN-THEME Wallpaper Changer. Ability to change the panoramic wallpaper, or use your own wallpaper (see screenshots)
    - IN-THEME Settings Screen. Ability to toggle widgets and Today screen background on or off (see screenshots)
    - Dedicated Today screen for SMS, Messages, and Calendar with room for up to 10 entries
    - Spacebar launches QuickLaunch (sold separately)
    - Dollar sign ($) launches SMS
    - User-defined font size (except Dialog Boxes and Menu Pop-Ups
    - Lightning-quick performance. Those who are coming from my previous work know what to expect when I say this

Notes

- To access the Settings screen, activate the Applications icon in the middle of the bottom-most dock (aka the Froyo launcher dock). To exit from this screen, make sure to follow the instructions at the top of the Settings screen

- First 6 applications are for the main dock, app slot #7 corresponds to the left app on the Froyo dock, app slot #8 corresponds to the right app on the Froyo dock, and you must place my included Web Link: Google in app slot #9

- Please do not place SMS, Messages, or Calendar in any of the main docks, there already exists a dedicated Today screen for these particular apps. The only exception is if you're running OS 4.7 or an older revision of OS 5.0 where your SMS doesn't count as a Today item, then you can place it in the main dock if you'd like.

- Before I get a bunch of "reports", let me explain to you that hiding the Google Search and Power Control widgets from the Settings screen will in fact make them invisible, but will still allow you to access them if you scroll to where they should be. This is NOT a glitch, it is 100% intended. The reasoning for this is so that these important functions can still be accessed if needed, while being able to enjoy a full view of your wallpaper

- the Lock application does not exist in the newest revisions of OS 5, so it will have no function in the Power Control widget for those who are running it. On the other hand, those with OS 4.7 or even earlier revisions of OS 5 will benefit from the Lock button in the Power Control widget

- As always, perform a battery pull of at least 30 seconds after successfully installing the theme to ensure maximum performance

Purchase

If you bundle your purchase of Frozen Yogurt with my other popular theme Series 7, you will receive Series 7 for only an additional $0.50 for a total of $4.49 for both themes!

Click HERE to purchase Frozen Yogurt individually or with Series 7 (check under the headline “Better Together”)

Thanks

As always, thanks for taking the time to view, and I hope you can consider purchasing this high-quality theme. Support is always in this thread if you need it, I am at your service =)

- Vince

Change Log

v1.4 - Sunday, July 11/2010
    - Made more room for notifications on the homescreen

v1.3 - Saturday, July 10/2010
    - Added application names under the icons on the homescreen. I was gonna save this for the v2.0 update, but I thought I would treat you guys to it now, enjoy!

v1.2 - Thursday, July 8/2010 *IMPORTANT UPDATE*
    - fixed MAJOR bug that caused Clock, Calendar, etc to freeze up when trying to change alarm or date/time. There was a problem with the sizes of some of my PNG files, it's fixed now =D

v1.1 - Tuesday, July 6/2010
    - made folder icons more exciting

Before

After
    Last edited by VinceThePrince; 07-14-10 at 12:44 PM.
    06-30-10 04:23 PM
    Just posted an updated screenshot in the first post.
    07-02-10 04:45 AM
    Man this theme is hot...can't wait to get it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 05:07 AM
    Another progress report update in the first post!
    07-03-10 09:12 AM
    Last progress update for today, it's a good one! Check first post as usual.
    07-03-10 02:39 PM
    oh man this looks beautiful. Very excited for this theme, cant wait till you get it out!
    07-03-10 09:31 PM
    nice!! i really like it...the updates are great
    07-03-10 09:55 PM
    Just a few days longer, hopefully =)
    07-04-10 07:23 PM
    Final progress report before the official release can be found in the first post, thanks!
    07-05-10 06:09 AM
    Looks amazing, kinda sucks now though cause im gonna be glued to my computer all day hoping it gets released lol. But seriously it looks amazing and i cant wait to try it out. The community really appreciates all your hard work, and your themes are amazing!

This may be out of the question, but just a cool suggestion. I dont know if its possible to do, and if it is it will probably have to be in a later release but instead of having the settings screen where you have to check which widgets and things you want on/off it could be cool if you assigned a hotkey to turn on/off the widgets. Like pushing the $ key would turn on/off the power widgets and another key to turn on/off the google search widget. Like i said not sure if its possible just a though.
    Last edited by rryoung; 07-05-10 at 09:19 AM.
    07-05-10 09:16 AM
    Looks amazing, kinda sucks now though cause im gonna be glued to my computer all day hoping it gets released lol. But seriously it looks amazing and i cant wait to try it out. The community really appreciates all your hard work, and your themes are amazing!

This may be out of the question, but just a cool suggestion. I dont know if its possible to do, and if it is it will probably have to be in a later release but instead of having the settings screen where you have to check which widgets and things you want on/off it could be cool if you assigned a hotkey to turn on/off the widgets. Like pushing the $ key would turn on/off the power widgets and another key to turn on/off the google search widget. Like i said not sure if its possible just a though.
    Thanks, still chippin' away at it as we speak!

Although a noble suggestion, I wanted to use the Settings screen not only to showcase some of my coding expertise, but it also gives me a chance/reason to replicate what the Android settings screens look like =)

Besides, I find it kind of fun having a user interface, and two hotkeys (space for QL and $ for SMS) are too much for me to remember already
    07-05-10 10:33 AM
    Haha yea no doubt. Just a suggestion. Your def the expert and know what you are doing so sounds good. Going all out with the nexus one theme sounds good and will prolly make the theme that much Better. Lookin good and can't wait to give it a go!

07-05-10 10:45 AM
    Haha yea no doubt. Just a suggestion. Your def the expert and know what you are doing so sounds good. Going all out with the nexus one theme sounds good and will prolly make the theme that much Better. Lookin good and can't wait to give it a go!

The way things are looking, you're definitely looking at being able to give it a go today
    07-05-10 11:12 AM
    Me too!!! I have been eyein this theme up since you first posted it. I went crazy looking for a DL link the first day, then realized it was just a teaser :P
    07-05-10 11:15 AM
    Hehe guys, it shouldn't be long now
    07-05-10 11:36 AM
    It's here
    07-05-10 02:50 PM
    Nice I'm loving it so far. Quick question the two final screens, the ones behind the wallpapers and behind the today items are those supposed to be blank. Mine are and I'm just checking to make sure that's the case.

07-05-10 04:08 PM
    awesome job yet again vince...i'm in the process of purchasing and downloading to my Bold...still loving your XM-BB theme too lol
    07-05-10 04:42 PM
    @ rryoung - Yup, they're supposed to be blank, they're mainly there to show off your wallpaper if you wanted to hide the UI

@ Kimo - Thanks for your ongoing support, I appreciate your kindness =)
    07-05-10 06:52 PM
    as i expected...this theme doesn't disappoint...i love it! its original and nothing like i've had. i love that the extra icons are hidden but still available if you scroll. this is really nice! thanks
    07-05-10 07:43 PM
    Glad to know it lived up to your expectations =)

If you come across any problems, feel free to ask!
    07-05-10 07:51 PM
    Glad to know it lived up to your expectations =)

If you come across any problems, feel free to ask!
    07-05-10 07:52 PM
    So I've been using this theme all night and I'm in love. Only issues I'm having is that the orange icon highlight lags a bit moving from icon to icon. Kinda gets confusing but other than that I'm loving this theme. So mang features.

07-05-10 08:37 PM
    So I've been using this theme all night and I'm in love. Only issues I'm having is that the orange icon highlight lags a bit moving from icon to icon. Kinda gets confusing but other than that I'm loving this theme. So mang features.

Thanks for the feedback! A theme with this many capabilities can only be optimized so much, is it safe for me to assume that the lag is minimal at most? I sure hope so
    07-06-10 12:06 AM
    Video demo added for those on the fence about purchasing.
    07-06-10 01:27 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD