Because this theme in OS5 needs some help. I am so frustrated.
    Calling BlastTyrant............
    04-13-11 01:15 PM
    Okay, I finally was able to manipulate this theme to work, what I had to do is place BW in the 16th position, then choose my BW homescreen image inside of BW, SAVE. Then I had to switch themes to save the changes - switch back to this theme. THEN I had to move BW back to app position ONE so it will show in my upper left corner but for some reason the theme still thinks it is in position 16 because the center panel is now crisp and clear.

It is a freaking lot of work. I'm glad it is easier on OS6. I think that is a bug on the OS5 version. Too much work for me.

04-13-11 01:18 PM
    Calling BlastTyrant............
    oh right, BT is still on 5
    04-13-11 01:21 PM
    Okay, I finally was able to manipulate this theme to work, what I had to do is place BW in the 16th position, then choose my BW homescreen image inside of BW, SAVE. Then I had to switch themes to save the changes - switch back to this theme. THEN I had to move BW back to app position ONE so it will show in my upper left corner but for some reason the theme still thinks it is in position 16 because the center panel is now crisp and clear.

It is a freaking lot of work. I'm glad it is easier on OS6. I think that is a bug on the OS5 version. Too much work for me.

It is but now it looks great.. Sorry it was frustrating for you...
    dollface likes this.
    04-13-11 01:21 PM
    oh, and I have also found that you just can't rename a file my_wall1.png, it is also has to BE a .png file, not a .jpg. I guess I misunderstood DC when he said you could just rename it .png and it would work. It won't, it has to be a real .png file.
    04-13-11 01:22 PM
    oh, and I have also found that you just can't rename a file my_wall1.png, it is also has to BE a .png file, not a .jpg. I guess I misunderstood DC when he said you could just rename it .png and it would work. It won't, it has to be a real .png file.
    No you can rename the extension of a file it just warns you it may not work but just ignore that and proceed.

Take a break dear you need it..........
    04-13-11 01:24 PM
    Lemme ask BT if he is having any issues...

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-13-11 01:27 PM
    I just clicked on my BW icon in the upper left corner and now it knocked my setup all off again. This is what it looks like now, middle panel is back to hazy and light and the image I chose for the BW background is gone:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 02:10 PM
    Lemme ask BT if he is having any issues...

Like Andy says, you can rename it. I've done it at least 40 times since getting the theme. You can't rename it when you're in the pictures folder. It doesn't allow you to rename file extensions from the pic folder. You have to rename it using a files app. Either the native BB files app, or a 3rd party app.

andyahs and dcburke789 like this.
    04-13-11 02:11 PM
    okay, BT & I duked it out on BBM and it seems that you have to keep the Berry Weather app in the 16th position if you want BW to show in the middle panel, at least on the OS5 version. I moved it back and now it looks like this. I just can't have my BW icon showing on the top banner like Andy does.

DC, if you feel that maybe you can change that, so that maybe whatever is in the FIRST position shows in the middle panel, that would allow us to have the BW icon show on the top banner. This would be only for the OS5 version.

thank you for everybody's help. I'm not a stupid person, but this one really worked me over.
    Last edited by dollface54; 04-13-11 at 02:39 PM.
    04-13-11 02:34 PM
    The berryweather title will only show if kept in slo16 (as well as activation of center panel to launch the app)

Does it reallY mess up the panel if bw isn't in slot16?

None of my OS5 testers said a word about that...(cough cough Kurt )

04-13-11 02:42 PM

thank you for everybody's help. I'm not a stupid person, but this one really worked me over.
    Nobody would ever think that......

Take it all out on BT....
    dollface likes this.
    04-13-11 02:43 PM
    Nobody would ever think that......

Take it all out on BT....
    Now now, no trashing BT. This is what my middle panel looks like with BW moved to the 1st slot AFTER configuring it while it was in the 16th slot (still with me here?)

here is what it looks like with BW in the 16th position (much sharper)

Last edited by dollface54; 04-13-11 at 03:18 PM.
    04-13-11 02:45 PM
    Yep. the panels will only stay opaque when focused on...
    04-13-11 03:13 PM
    Yep. the panels will only stay opaque when focused on...
    well, do you see that the middle panel is no longer clear and sharp with the background I chose for it? I guess that you just have to keep BW in the 16th slot to have it work properly on this theme. So DC, is there any chance you could switch it so the middle panel picked up the 1st app? So that we could also have our Berry weather icon show on the top banner? or is that not possible on this theme?
    04-13-11 03:16 PM
    DC, I found a way to get it to look like I want, and I am happy with it. Thank you BT, Andy and DC for all the help.

This is such a very unique theme, tons of work went into this I am sure. It is a very smooth flowing theme and fun to use once you get it all set up.

Are you happy for me, or what??
    Last edited by dollface54; 04-13-11 at 05:03 PM.
    04-13-11 03:33 PM
    DC, I found a way to get it to look like I want, and I am happy with it. Thank you BT, Andy and DC for all the help.

This is such a very unique theme, tons of work went into this I am sure. It is a very smooth flowing theme and fun to use once you get it all set up.

Are you happy for me, or what??

Of course now you can show others......
    04-13-11 03:43 PM

04-13-11 04:12 PM
    Niiiice !!
    04-13-11 04:51 PM
    04-14-11 08:08 AM
    has this been updated to Highlander 7? I went to download this onto my phone again, and I get a message on mobihand that it is no longer available in their catalog? I just bought it on April 16 and can't get it any longer?
    05-07-11 02:48 PM
    Don't worry dollface

Its coming back. Better than before!

dollface likes this.
    05-07-11 02:56 PM
    Don't worry dollface

Its coming back. Better than before!

oh okay, great. I could have sworn I saw somewhere the version for non-touch was ready. My mistake. thanks
    05-07-11 03:07 PM
    The non-touch never got finished before RIM had the touch versions taken down.

In the mean time...we got our hands on REAL PLAYBOOK ICONS!

The updated version should be launched shortly (all highlander_6.1 customers will receive an update email)

05-07-11 03:25 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD