Minimax - Ultra-minimalistic OS6 theme with maximal functionality
    Compatible with any 480x360 device (9650/9700/9780) running OS6

Minimax was initially meant to be a theme for myself and a few friends with two goals: to explore how minimalistic yet functional I could build a theme, and to plan out a large set of hotkeys that could mostly replace QuickLaunch in my daily usage, but could be easily picked up by others as well.

Since I am quite satisfied with how it turned out, I decided to polish it up for release to the community. This is my first released theme, do enjoy and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Features:
    • 24 hotkeys (Tried to make them as logical as I could - apps that need to be switched between frequently as one-key hotkeys, others as shift+key combinations. Do try to remember some of them if you can, you might find that you almost never need to even go to the app menu!)
    • Small memory footprint
    • Extremely wallpaper-friendly
    • 6.1 icons
    • FAST - No transitions!
    • Ample space for up to 5 notification icons
    • Pixel-perfect alignment
    • Default wallpaper has hotkey list for ease of initial familiarization
    • Hidden button on home screen which launches 1st app in your app menu, scroll up to Signal meter to launch Manage Connections

Changelog:
    6.1.0.0:
    Initial version
    6.1.0.1:
    Switched to correct set of 6.1 icons
    Shifted overlapping lock icon
    Weather slot version
    6.1.0.2 & 6.1.1.2
    25% transparent banner background versions
    6.1.0.3 & 6.1.1.3
    Black banner background versions
    6.1.0.4 & 6.1.1.4
    Big clock versions

Hotkeys:
    $: SMS/MMS
    0: Profiles
    E: Twitter/UberSocial
    I: Pictures
    J: Manage Connections
    K: Clock
    Z: Muzik
    F: Facebook
    G: Google Maps
    R: Opera Mini
    S: Universal Search
    W: WhatsApp
    Shift+A: App World
    Shift+B: BerryBuzz
    Shift+C: Camera
    Shift+D: Dictionary
    Shift+M: MeterBerry
    Shift+N: Voice Notes
    Shift+V: Video Recorder
    Shift+F: FileScout
    Shift+G: Grooveshark
    Shift+R: RepliGo Reader
    Shift+S: Social Feeds
    Shift+W: BerryWeather

Note:
    Minimax is meant to be used with "Application Shortcuts" enabled. To enable, go to Options -> Display -> Home Screen Preferences and set "Launch by Typing" to "Application Shortcuts".

lucky45 & sabisgeek for extracting and resizing 6.1 icons
    other minimalist themers whose work has inspired me in the past, especially dagobah30, Ducaticorse and wu-wei

Regular Version:

Minimax 6.1.0.1 OTA

Weather Slot Version:
    In this version, weather slot corresponds to 1st app in app menu and hidden button corresponds to 2nd app - it's below the weather slot.

Minimax 6.1.1.1 OTA

25% Transparent Banner Background Versions:
    I personally prefer the ultra-clean look of having no banner backgrounds at all, but as requested, here they are for use with brighter wallpapers.

Minimax 6.1.0.2 (Regular)
    Minimax 6.1.1.2 (Weather Slot)

Black Banner Background Versions:
    Minimax 6.1.0.3 (Regular)
    Minimax 6.1.1.3 (Weather Slot)

Big Clock Versions:

Minimax 6.1.0.4 (Regular)
    Minimax 6.1.1.4 (Weather Slot)
    Last edited by ahbengish; 05-07-11 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Updated with black banner background and big clock versions
    razorx0, MarvBear and firepsych like this.
    04-27-11 07:01 PM
    How do I show weather?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 07:36 PM
    Wow! This is really good! All about shortcuts! I like it!
    04-27-11 07:37 PM
    How do I show weather?

A weather slot version you mean? I'll be releasing one soonish [=
    04-27-11 07:44 PM
    Wow. This is nice!

I love minimalistic themes that show off my wallpapers!

04-27-11 07:54 PM
    Very nice theme! Looks really good.
    BTW: Where did you get the Wallpaper ?
    04-28-11 12:54 AM
    hi guys, thank you for all the feedback, really appreciate it! [= been really busy so haven't been able to check in, but will reply proper and work on and upload a new version with all the fixes and a weather slot version this weekend k?
    04-29-11 07:30 AM
    This is awesome, but the OS 6.1 icons look a little off...
    04-29-11 12:42 PM
    Very nice theme! Looks really good.
    BTW: Where did you get the Wallpaper ?
    Can't really remember, I think 4walled? Here you go [=

04-30-11 04:09 PM
    As a number of you have pointed up, I screwed up the 6.1 icons a lil. Thanks for pointing that out, not sure why I didn't notice it myself! I've uploaded a fixed version, and also a weather slot version, links are in OP.

Thank you for all your kind comments, hope you're enjoying this theme as much as I am. [=
    04-30-11 04:31 PM
    04-30-11 05:13 PM
    Is it just me or are the K and Z shortcuts swapped... I'm getting clock with Z and musik/lock with K

04-30-11 10:28 PM
    Is it just me or are the K and Z shortcuts swapped... I'm getting clock with Z and musik/lock with K

Sorry bout that, yeah they were swapped. That'll teach me not to update a theme at five in the morning!

Note to all: If you're getting clock with Z and muzik with K, please download again, I've hotfixed the issue!
    05-01-11 12:22 AM
    Theme is superb but is slightly difficult to get accustomed to as i've got everything already mapped out in quicklaunch..
    05-01-11 08:13 PM
    Theme is superb but is slightly difficult to get accustomed to as i've got everything already mapped out in quicklaunch..
    Thanks! Yeah it took me awhile too even though I made the theme, but I'm a hotkey junkie and on my personal build of the theme I've even overloaded alt+key combinations so a lot of my keys correspond to 3 shortcuts heh. I do find QuickLaunch still useful for one-handed use since I can't use the alt or shift shortcuts with one hand.

Realized I forgot to post this on the 9650 thread:

25% Transparent Banner Background Versions:
    I personally prefer the ultra-clean look of having no banner backgrounds at all, but as requested, here they are for use with brighter wallpapers.

Minimax 6.1.0.2 (Regular)

Minimax 6.1.1.2 (Weather Slot)
    05-02-11 12:07 AM
    As requested:

Black Banner Background Versions:
    Minimax 6.1.0.3 (Regular)
    Minimax 6.1.1.3 (Weather Slot)

Big Clock Versions:

Minimax 6.1.0.4 (Regular)
    Minimax 6.1.1.4 (Weather Slot)
    Last edited by ahbengish; 05-07-11 at 02:43 PM.
    05-07-11 01:25 PM

Great theme buddy! Only thing is I use "k" to lock but it opens clock. W/e no biggie

05-07-11 09:27 PM

Great theme buddy! Only thing is I use "k" to lock but it opens clock. W/e no biggie

Hit K while on the icon screen....

05-07-11 10:18 PM

thank you! you could hold down "a" to lock or "shift+k" to password lock
    05-08-11 09:18 PM
    hi. this is SUPER userful to me. am using the big clock version. this is exactly what i've been waiting for. is it too much to ask for another hotkey? i use datavault and would love it if you could map the letter Y to it.
    05-09-11 03:07 PM
    also: V for visual voicemail would be very handy.
    05-10-11 06:30 AM
    Any way to change the background on the icon screen? ...instead of he plain black? I would like to use the current OS6 one....
    05-13-11 10:34 AM
    hi. this is SUPER userful to me. am using the big clock version. this is exactly what i've been waiting for. is it too much to ask for another hotkey? i use datavault and would love it if you could map the letter Y to it.
    also: V for visual voicemail would be very handy.
    Sure, I could. However, as I do not have datavault, I need you to check something for me so that I can map the hotkey. Could you go to Options -> Device -> Application Management and go to the Datavault entry, scroll all the way down and there should be a section that says Modules, please let me know what's in that section, with proper capitalization if there is. Also, are you using the big clock version with weather slot or without?

Any way to change the background on the icon screen? ...instead of he plain black? I would like to use the current OS6 one....
    I could make a custom version for you. Which version of the theme are you using?

If anyone wants the wallpapers that I have used in the screenshots, I have uploaded them to my photobucket album:

Pictures by ahbengish - Photobucket
    05-15-11 04:05 AM
    Thanks so much! I use the big clock weather version. For datavault, the module is "DataVault". For visual voicemail, the module is "vvm_9650".
    05-16-11 05:55 AM
    one thing i never understood about blackberry operating system: why not make all keyboard shortcuts user customizable?
    05-16-11 03:49 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD