AppleBerry Dark Theme Suite 2.0 has been officially released!
    June 29th, 2010

Features:
    - Clean, crisp design. AppleBerry Dark features the highest resolution graphics and icons available on any theme.
    - Amazing pixel-perfect attention to detail.
    - Great performance and heavily optimized code, typical of a BlingBerry product.
    - Comes with a whopping 13 versions, all included for one price. There is literally a combination for everybody, whether you want transitions, hidden today, or extra icon slots, everything is here.
    - World class technical support. Any problems, questions, suggestions? Email: [email protected].

Buy from CrackBerry: AppleBerry Dark Theme Suite - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Last edited by hastings; 06-09-11 at 04:58 PM.
    06-27-10 12:06 PM
    Product Tour:

Welcome to the AppleBerry Dark Theme Suite 2.0.

You're first greeted with a high-contrast view of your homescreen. All of the signal indicators and notifications are designed to stand out from each other, making the important elements more prominent than everything else. You really can't miss your battery meter or signal strength, even in bright sunlight they're more visible than most other themes. The date and time are prominently placed in the center of the screen where you can always see them. What I'm getting at here, the layout of AppleBerry has always been one of it's best features. Everything is where it should be, logically placed, and easy to see.

Navigating is simple, scroll up on the icon dock to access your Profiles icon, and left-right to access any of the icons on your dock. On the right of the dock you'll notice the "icon drawer", a highly interactive hidden dock. The icons that you see in the drawer are actually live icon previews of what appears when you click on it, I call them "minicons". These minicons even display third party applications just the same, sitting in the little drawer waiting for you to interact with them.

Interactive homescreens are fun, and make your device more enjoyable to use. AppleBerry has always featured the classic "bouncing" icons, and I wanted to take it a step further. With AppleBerry Dark, I wanted to step it up a notch and really bring those minicons to life. As of today, minicons feature realistic inertial jumping effects - I'm really excited about this. When you highlight the icon drawer it glows white and brings the minicons to life, where they bounce up and down out of the bucket literally begging you to click on them. They don't just move up and down, they feature life-like jumping/bouncing physics designed by my really geeky friend with a physics degree. The animation is smooth as butter and has no effect on CPU, battery, or memory usage. When you scroll away from the icon drawer the minicons go to sleep and wait for their next chance to shine.

Can't resist clicking on those cute little icons? Neither could I. When you activate the bucket (scroll wheel/trackpad click), you're given access to six full size, user-definable icons in the form of Stacks grid view. Navigating these icons is simple, scroll up and around to move around the Stack, a realistic Mac OS style mouse pointer follows your cursor so you know which icon is highlighted, even third party icons without traditional rollover affects. Scrolling out of the Stack is easy too, no matter where you are, scrolling down on your trackpad will navigate you out of the Stack. Clicking the down arrow on the dock will close the Stack and bring back the drawer full of minicons.

Pressing the BlackBerry hardware key on your device brings you to the Application Menu, just like it always does. Here you're greeted with some of the cleanest, highest contrast icons you'll ever see on your device. AppleBerry icons are designed and selected specifically to be self-explanatory. Try it for yourself, look at the picture above and try to match the icons to their specific applications, you'll find it's pretty easy to do. This makes navigating and finding your favourite applications as easy as possible, requiring very little thought, instead relying on instinct.

Here you can see more of the icons, again, try to figure out which icon represents each application, you should find it pretty easy. Even icons that are traditionally left as default by other premium theme developers have been created, including Word Mole and Brickbreaker. All of the folder icons are also customized making it easier than ever to organize your applications.

Oh look, it's my good friend Johnny Appleseed calling. The incoming call screen features large, high-contrast fonts with all of the important aspects of the caller information bolded to stand out. I want to know who is calling before I want my eyes to see what the phone number is, the font selection here guides your eyes automatically.

On the phone with John you can get a sense for the layout of the active call screen. All of the active call information is sorted on the left, and all of the secondary phone information is on the right. The active call timer is huge, so you know at first glance how long you've been on the phone, and I've left room for multiple callers for those of you who conference call on a daily basis. The volume indicator is the traditional Mac OS style volume indicator, nice and large and placed close to the volume rocker buttons themselves for easier use.

John and I got into a fight, so I'm going to delete him from my contact list. Here you can see the beautiful dialog boxes designed to be pixel perfect, with light drop shadows underneath which make them seem like they're floating, not glued to your screen. The dialog bubbles are all customized and have been reduced in size to fit with the text and other elements a bit better. You also get a view of the popular AppleBerry gel buttons. I didn't want to modify these too much since they're already really well received, but I did bump the contrast of the highlight button and change the colour a bit to match the rest of the AppleBerry Dark colour scheme.

The pop-up menus are also incredibly crisp and high-contrast, they slide up and down with the click of the BlackBerry hardware key. (a non-transitions version will be included in the suite) This also gives you a good view of the menu highlight colours, you always know which menu item is selected because of the high contrast gradient used. It looks awesome on the device.

Well, I'm done with the product tour, so I'll just leave you with the classic AppleBerry lock screen. A nice golden lock resting on top of the same dock as your icons on the homescreen, classic AppleBerry.
    06-27-10 12:07 PM
    Nice!

I just purchased the primary suite for my Bold 9650 the other day and I am loving it!!!!

Thanks for your work!
    06-29-10 12:04 PM
    And it's out! Sorry about the delay, but I wanted to make sure I used the just released BlackBerry Theme Builder application for best performance. It took a while, but all 13 versions have been remade specifically for the Bold 9650 with the latest tools.
    06-29-10 02:31 PM
    I bought this theme when it went on sale for .99 last week, simply knowing that I would be able to swap from the 9700 theme to the 9650, and based upon past experience with Hastings. I first purchased the original Appleberry when it came out for the Storm 1 back in late 2008 or 2009 (not sure, but I know I paid Hastings via Paypal, privately and that it was not on sale in the crackberry store). I loved it, and it's never not been on my phone (even though since then I've owned like, 4 other Storm 1's, two Tour's, and now a Bold 9650). Great theme, and great support from the developer. In all my time with the Appleberry theme suites I have found only one problem and it remains a problem to this very day: WHICH theme do I use? I finally settled on installing them all, trying them out and have finally settled on these three from Appleberry Dark:
    10 (most recent choice)

Of all the themes I've purchased or downloaded for free (way too many to count) this theme series continues to be my favorite. Happy for your success Hastings, and I thank you for a fantastic product, that is more than worth the money (especially when it's on sale for .99)! Just wanted to sing your praises a bit........................so..................... ........

EVERYONE START BUYING!!!!!

And hook the Crackberry Nation up with another fantastic sale for those of us who don't read EVERY single thread in the theme sections. Say, maybe both the original and dark for ONE great price? (hint,hint)
    06-29-10 08:09 PM
    And it's out! Sorry about the delay, but I wanted to make sure I used the just released BlackBerry Theme Builder application for best performance. It took a while, but all 13 versions have been remade specifically for the Bold 9650 with the latest tools.
    So I had purchased from the Crackberry Store the version I think you called 9630/9650. In actuality, it seems like when I got the Zip file with the addresses, mine said 83xx or something. But I replaced the model number with a "9650" in the link and it worked. This was about a week ago. It seems to be working just fine. Should I be updating, though?

Thanks!
    Last edited by jlb21; 06-30-10 at 12:18 PM.
    06-30-10 12:16 PM
    So I had purchased from the Crackberry Store the version I think you called 9630/9650. In actuality, it seems like when I got the Zip file with the addresses, mine said 83xx or something. But I replaced the model number with a "9650" in the link and it worked. This was about a week ago. It seems to be working just fine. Should I be updating, though?

Thanks!
    It seems that you inadvertently ordered the 8300 series version of AppleBerry. (or MobiHand glitched out)

If you send me an email: [email protected]

I'll swap the version out for you myself. All I need is the email address you used to purchase the product. (=
    06-30-10 12:24 PM
    I bought this theme when it went on sale for .99 last week, simply knowing that I would be able to swap from the 9700 theme to the 9650, and based upon past experience with Hastings. I first purchased the original Appleberry when it came out for the Storm 1 back in late 2008 or 2009 (not sure, but I know I paid Hastings via Paypal, privately and that it was not on sale in the crackberry store). I loved it, and it's never not been on my phone (even though since then I've owned like, 4 other Storm 1's, two Tour's, and now a Bold 9650). Great theme, and great support from the developer. In all my time with the Appleberry theme suites I have found only one problem and it remains a problem to this very day: WHICH theme do I use? I finally settled on installing them all, trying them out and have finally settled on these three from Appleberry Dark:
    10 (most recent choice)

Of all the themes I've purchased or downloaded for free (way too many to count) this theme series continues to be my favorite. Happy for your success Hastings, and I thank you for a fantastic product, that is more than worth the money (especially when it's on sale for .99)! Just wanted to sing your praises a bit........................so..................... ........

EVERYONE START BUYING!!!!!

And hook the Crackberry Nation up with another fantastic sale for those of us who don't read EVERY single thread in the theme sections. Say, maybe both the original and dark for ONE great price? (hint,hint)
    Thanks for the kind words! I always appreciate them. Without the support of the original users there is no way I'd still be doing this. (=

AppleBerry and AppleBerry Dark together, for one low price? I'd love to do that, but wouldn't that be a bit much? Some people already find the available options overwhelming, I'd be afraid of doubling that number.

Maybe you're on to something though, perhaps I should look into creating a bundle on MobiHand. Hmm...
    06-30-10 12:28 PM
    It would be tantamount to Appleberry overload, but it would be cool as the ONLY developer to have ever offered such a thing...................A competive market is a good market...............-
    06-30-10 12:37 PM
    It seems that you inadvertently ordered the 8300 series version of AppleBerry. (or MobiHand glitched out)

If you send me an email: [email protected]

I'll swap the version out for you myself. All I need is the email address you used to purchase the product. (=
    Will do. But when I got the download and saw the links, I just substituted the 9650 for the 8300 in the link I placed into my browser. So I assume I got the actual correct one. If not, please let me know. I also wanted to know if my purchase (of about 1 week ago) was just early enough that it missed your "update". If so, I definitely think I should be updating, right?

And will I lose my icon layouts and everything or will it see what I had done before and keep everything the same since I would be using the same named theme?

Thanks......

email on the way.......
    06-30-10 12:40 PM
    FINALLY!! I had been waiting on Dark to come to the Tour then I got a Bold and now Dark is here. Waiting on my email now.

I kind of miss your old SMS icon. The very first one you had.
    07-01-10 12:50 AM
    Hi,
    I have a 9650 and saw the appleberry dark theme suite 2. Is it still available to use for my phone. If so please advise me where to look for it and download.
    Thanks
    Cinmarc
    08-13-14 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD