CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Yahoo Instant Messenger won't open

Hi can anybody tell me whats wrong with my Yahoo Instant Messenger? I have the Bold 9650 with the OS 6 and I can't open it up when I try to either it freezes or does nothing
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,308 Global Posts
    PIN
    G

Delete it, battery pull and re-install it. See if that helps.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Thanked by:
    Young Goz (04-05-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Ok I'll try that and see what happens
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I tried just as you said and it still doesn't work I don't know what to do!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Angry

Doesn't work with a reboot or battery pull. I even got a replacement phone thinking there was something defective about my phone, so i've come to the realization it's the crappy OS 6 update. I can't use any of my Instant Messengers, so to those of you having the same problem you are not alone. Whenever i click onto a IM icon (any of them, Yahoo, Windows, Aim, Google Talk) it freezes my phone. I've reset to factory settings dozens of time, got a replacement phone, and still they will not open up. Yes, i did do the uninstall and reinstall thing, but they still won't open up after i've installed them. I've called Verizon numerous times about the problem, but not 1 tech support rep knows whats going on. They even said they've never heard of the problem before. Hopefully someone realizes something is wrong and come up with a solution. I have a BB Bold by the way.
    Thanked by:
    Young Goz (04-06-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,308 Global Posts
    PIN
    G

Does your normal internet work well? Are you able to browse and download? That sounds very odd.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Yahoo and Gtalk work for me, why dont you put this in the Native Apps forum?

My work just fine as well. This is the first time I've heard of anyone having a problem with a 3rd party IM app. How are you installing the app?
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Hey Cleopatra71 you and I have the same exact problem I truly believe its os 6 that's causing this I sure hope Blackberry is aware of this and does something about it soon!!!
    Thanked by:
    Cleopatra71NY (04-19-2011)