Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default is it worth it?

Long time reader, 2nd time poster here, just had a question about the 9650 and future BBs on the way.
    I am currently using an 8330(my 2nd one) on sprint, picked it up on craigslist after selling my outdated android phone with 4 hours battery life. I went with this phone bc it was a cheap option and they are durable and reliable, but am ready to take a big step up.
    I am due for my ugrade at the beginning of june and I'm looking hard at the 9650, but would be really pissed if the bold touch came out a month later.
    With how hush RIM is on new devices, should I hold off on my upgrade? Or could, for all we know, the phone get left on the back burner in favor of the PB, and not come out for another year.
    What would you do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    16,477 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fearthetiger9 View Post
    Long time reader, 2nd time poster here, just had a question about the 9650 and future BBs on the way.
    I am currently using an 8330(my 2nd one) on sprint, picked it up on craigslist after selling my outdated android phone with 4 hours battery life. I went with this phone bc it was a cheap option and they are durable and reliable, but am ready to take a big step up.
    I am due for my ugrade at the beginning of june and I'm looking hard at the 9650, but would be really pissed if the bold touch came out a month later.
    With how hush RIM is on new devices, should I hold off on my upgrade? Or could, for all we know, the phone get left on the back burner in favor of the PB, and not come out for another year.
    What would you do?

The 9650 is a great device, but I wouldn't use an upgrade on it in June. There will be some new devices later this year. Hold on to the upgrade!

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for the advice, that's the direction I was leaning, hopefully I don't have to wait too long for the new bold to come out.

Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    71,456 Global Posts

I agree to wait. The 9650 will probably at EOL soon too. All though that doesn't make it a bad phone and it will still function fine.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Moonshine Please.

There will be several new devices coming out later this year, both GSM and CDMA versions. I would definitely wait.
    "When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down."

Definitely hold onto your upgrade. I really like my 9650 (EOL this month or next?), but with the newer devices coming out by the end of the year I would wait for one of them.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,278 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me if you want/need it.

Look up and you can see what i would say. :P
    Love, Death
    Proud member of OpenSourceBB.com
    If I helped you or made you smile, Click the Thanks or Like button! Or both!
    Need a DropBox? 2GB is free! http://db.tt/vTAa8cw
    Click here to give me an Internet!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,139 Global Posts

Like others have said by June you should just wait. It will only be a month or 2 later and the bold touch will be out. If you want a 9650 just buy it on craigslist or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnly View Post
    Yeah, it is! Jennels first post is gold.
    @missjennell
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

Forum troll here:

Don't waste your upgrade on a 9650 especially coming from a 8330. It's more or less a lateral move and not much of an upgrade. The 9650 has very dated technology and although I have not tested a 9650 with OS6 (only used a 9800 with OS6), reviews and reports of sluggishness of the web browser are very lackluster. OS6 is a bunch of fluff anyways

****, I wouldn't waste an upgrade on a Blackberry period, not until they get their act together.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

I'm on the fence as well, so thanks everyone for the replies and for the OP for beating me to making this thread.
    CrackBerry Abuser

As many have stated here, save your upgrade for something new. You can easily grab a 9650 on craigslist, ebay or even the cb marketplace here for much less without using your upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by shimojunk View Post
    Forum troll here:

Don't waste your upgrade on a 9650 especially coming from a 8330. It's more or less a lateral move and not much of an upgrade. The 9650 has very dated technology and although I have not tested a 9650 with OS6 (only used a 9800 with OS6), reviews and reports of sluggishness of the web browser are very lackluster. OS6 is a bunch of fluff anyways

****, I wouldn't waste an upgrade on a Blackberry period, not until they get their act together.
    Yep, you a troll.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyC View Post
    As many have stated here, save your upgrade for something new. You can easily grab a 9650 on craigslist, ebay or even the cb marketplace here for much less without using your upgrade.
    This.

I love my 9650, but it was my first BB so back in December I made the plunge not knowing that the new touch ones were coming out.

It's a great device (I have os6 and it's much smoother and quicker than 0s 5 in my experience with both. But again I am a first time use who only used os5 for 2 months. Os6 was a welcomed changed by me.)

Grab one on craigslist or ebay or something.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Thanks for the info/advice everyone, I will be holding on to my discount til its worth using, I just wasn't sure if the 9650 was good enough to warrant it. Other than lack of 3G, I can't really complain about my 8330...for its relative age and price its still a solid phone.