Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Will you be upgrading from your Tour to Tour2 ?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes> i need the latest and the greatest !

76 42.94%
  • No< the benefits are not worth it at this time

38 21.47%
  • Still unsure = Will determine after it is released

63 35.59%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    2,305 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Who will be upgrading from TOUR to TOUR2?

Upgrading from a TOUR to TOUR2 worth it to you?

The TOUR has not even be out a year and it is said that the TOUR2 will be released for sprint and Verizon in the month of February.

Just putting up a pole to see who either will be buying out the phone outright or using an upgrade from another line to get the TOUR2 ... in your eyes is the TOUR2 upgrade worth it from the TOUR?

Me personally ... THE OS 5.0 will be officially released for the tour at the time or soon after the TOUR2 is released ... and if not version .419 is working great for me. SO OS is not a real issue to me to upgrade.

The trackpad vs trackball .... I know i have had issues with my trackball for some time now ... well since i have received the phone but the last replacement that i have received has seem to be working great. I haven't had to much play time with a trackpad as of yet to determine if it is indeed better then the ball. I will have to go play more with them in the store.

The one big benefit definitely is the WiFi !!
    I am not sure if that crappy browser will move any quicker with the WiFi but i would sure hope so.

If anyone else is aware of any other perks that the tour2 has over the tour .. please POST. Maybe they could of upgraded the processor or the internal memory ... not sure why they wouldn't on an upgrade.

I think the hardware size between the two is identical.

For me right now ... I would say NO .. not going to upgrade ... the benefits are not worth my upgrade or for me to pay straight out for the phone.
    What i am going to try and see is if account services will swap out my tour for the tour2 .. being that i have had it replaced 4 times ... for multiple hardware issues. Time will tell ??????
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

I will only upgrade if the memory has the 2Gig like the S2. Even then, I may wait for a price drop or two.
    I am very happy with my T1, I haven't had any of the little issues other Tour owners have experienced.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    2,305 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

the Essex TOUR2 is said to have 2 GB of internal Memory????????...

TOUR & Essex have flash memory of 256 MB. but the Essex has an additional 2GB of device memory for storage of additional info .. i dont think u can add apps and games and so forth to it ... it is basically only stuff that i can save to card ... like pictures and ringers/etc can now be added to device on that 2gb of memory which is not a big deal .. everyone these days has SD cards....
    Found info here:

Blackberry Essex (Tour 2) Overview Salomondrin

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,560 Global Posts

i'm not upgrading right away from my Tour. i'm happy with it for the most part. i would like an official OS 5 upgrade to fix the 552 errors and some other minor bugs.

i'll get the Tour 2 after it's been out a year. That way the bugs will be worked out. Hardware issues addressed. It will be cheaper and i'll be eligible for my new every two.

i've learned from the Tour that i don't want to get a BlackBerry that's just been released. i don't like the stress of discovering bugs and issues.

That's one thing i miss about my 8330. By the time i got that it was really reliable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    71,193 Global Posts

I just got my first bb the end of Nov. so I won't be getting it. The tour does everything I wanted plus more so nope for me.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToNeBerry24 View Post
    Confused on this one:
    the tour has application memory only and the essex has application and device memory ...

whats the difference ...?????
    Device memory basically serves the same purpose as the microsd card, so you can put song, videos, pictures, etc on it. But you can't install apps on it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Probably not I haven't really been having all the problems that a lot of the other tour owners have been having and I don't want to sign in for 2 years when more bb's are on the way, yes the tour 2 has wifi and a trackpad but I can wait for that

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,352 Global Posts

Even though I'd like a trackpad, WIFI on onboard memory are not enough for me to upgrade to Tour 2 at this moment.
    Current Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

Future Device: Droid Bionic 4G!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

isnt the tour 2 have the storm 2 faster processor/
    CrackBerry User

You need to add another category. I will be upgrading from my 8130 to the T2. I have been waiting to upgrade until it comes out. Might as well wait for it at this point.
    CrackBerry User

Sorry all. Mis-read the title. Been a long day! Duh!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Nope, I won't be upgrading to Tour2,once OS5 comes out this BB will be perfect! This one suits me fine and I had very little issues with it. I will wait until I'm due for an upgrade next year.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,929 Global Posts

Toneberry On the 3rd replacement, Verizon should had offered you a different model completely. On the 3rd replacement they are suppose to do this. So, you have every right then the Essex is released to ask for it. Since you have had 4 replacements, you are entitled to this. I sold wireless for over 3 years and this is policy. So, when it is released you can get it without a hitch. It may though act as your upgrade. I have had two and after the 3rd if there is one, I can also ask. But I haven't had any problems with this 2nd device.
    I have played with other models that have a trackpad and it is nice. I really love my Tour and the current OS is also not an issue for me. I really think the kinks are out of it. I haven't had any problems. I am looking forward to seeing it though.

I have my internet line that I could get it on but don't know. And I also doubt I will upgrade. I had to replace my USB because it finally went "dust" on me and quit working. I also have unlimited wireless internet and I am told if I upgrade I might possibly lose the plan I have. I like having unlimited and so I am in no need of it. Verizon is getting 4G later this yr and I can pay outright for it if I want it bad enough. But I may decide to get the Essex on it instead. Still thinking about it. Not concrete on my decision. I don't have problems and if the 5.0 OS is released well then everything will be even more perfect !
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts

I'm with the others on this. I don't think that wifi and a trackpad are enough to justify using my upgrade this March ( I just replaced my curve 8330 with a Tour I got brand new from ebay and 5.0.0.419 works really well). I am actually hoping for sprint to release a nexus 1 like device so I can have a full touchscreen phone in addition to my bb. Better still, I hope that a more advanced bb will be released by sprint by the end of the year (I can dream)
    CrackBerry Abuser

While there are some wonderful changes to the Tour 2.. Unless your contract is up.. (Which it probably isn't if you bought a Tour 2..) then its not worth paying the $500 bucks or whatnot for it. the only different is memory a trackpad and wi-fi. but its deffinetly not worth $500 though most people have had many problems with their Tours and i looked into it(Verizon Customers) and if you have any phone in the stores replaced at least 3 times within 3 months then you are eligible to the next or newest phone in that series or anything similar so you could try that also..
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,825 Global Posts

I will be.

Near summertime though, Annual upgrade.

CrackBerry Newbie

Default Tour2?

Forgive for being a newbie...In fact I just bought a Tour. I would upgrade 2 morrow if Tour2 came out. However, no one at Verizon or Blackberry I talked to even knows what essex is. I guess I didn't talk to the right people. My prediction is 6 months to a year we will see it. Seriously, may I ask why WiFi is important?
    Last edited by blackriver; 01-12-2010 at 08:24 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    PIN
    32fc74e5

Quote Originally Posted by blackriver View Post
    Forgive for being a newbie...In fact I just bought a Tour. I would upgrade 2 morrow if Tour2 came out. However, no one at Verizon or Blackberry I talked to even knows what essex is. I guess I didn't talk to the right people. My prediction is 6 months to a year we will see it. Seriously, may I ask why WiFi is important?
    Try 3 weeks buddy.
    Bold 9930, Give me sight BEYOND sight!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

My prediction is 6 months to a year we will see it.
    It's suppose to come out on February 3rd

Seriously, may I ask why WiFi is important?
    Wifi is faster than 3G and uses less power than 3G
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    2,305 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    Toneberry On the 3rd replacement, Verizon should had offered you a different model completely. On the 3rd replacement they are suppose to do this. So, you have every right then the Essex is released to ask for it. Since you have had 4 replacements, you are entitled to this. I sold wireless for over 3 years and this is policy. So, when it is released you can get it without a hitch. It may though act as your upgrade. I have had two and after the 3rd if there is one, I can also ask. But I haven't had any problems with this 2nd device.
    I have played with other models that have a trackpad and it is nice. I really love my Tour and the current OS is also not an issue for me. I really think the kinks are out of it. I haven't had any problems. I am looking forward to seeing it though.
    wELL I HAVE SPRINT AND I hope they follow the same rule .. haha

but i dont want to use my upgrade for it ... i am personally waiting for an android phone with a keyboard .. and the moment is cheap garbage ... i have the hero as well but i missed my kb and went back to the tour ... if i can get the tour2 without using my upgrade then i will go for it ...
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    I just got my first bb the end of Nov. so I won't be getting it. The tour does everything I wanted plus more so nope for me.
    kinda the same here. i just activated my tour yesterday (just quit my uscc job so i had to turn in my company-owned curve and buy a new phone). i thought about waiting until the t2 dropped for uscc, but that could be six months from now. when it didn't show up on the 2010 q1 rebate sheet, the deal was sealed for me. that, and i'm getting my tour for $80 after mir with a contract renewal. can't beat that price!

by the time i'm eligible for a new phone in july 2011, there will be something else that's bigger and better anyways.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K on the inside

I will be waiting a while. I still have 15 mos. til next upgrade and who knows what will be out by then? Tour 4?
    CrackBerry User

I just got my Tour like 3 months ago with 2 year contract, how can I upgrade to Tour 2 ???
    CrackBerry User

I just got my tour so probably wont get the new one... I'd hafta pay full price no thanks unless i can afford it and its worth it :P
    CrackBerry User

I bought my tour in October on ebay so I could use my upgrade for the Tour2 when it gets released. I will probably wait for a price drop or two.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast