Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Voice cuts out when talking while someone else is?

Ok Ive had this problem with both my Tour and Bold, but it seems that voice on these phone is not duplex, I believe it whats it called. Meaning that only one person can talk at a time and if someone tries to talk while the other is talking basically they or they other person will not be heard. Anyone else notice this?

I brought it up with Verizon and they didn't seem to understand what I was talking about. I know it happens though. Is it a Verizon problem? It it a phone problem or is it a tower problem? I don't really think its towers because Its happened to me in multiple locations, but I guess its still possible.

Do you even know what I'm talking about ? lol
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

The term you are looking for is:

Full duplex - communication in both directions simultaneously.

Are you trying to say the conversation seems to be Half Duplex if both parties are talking at the same time?

Half Duplex - communicate in both directions one-way at a time.

I sometimes feel like my conversations are half duplex. I'm talking and the other party's talking and neither yields to the other maybe because both parties don't realize they're talking over one another.

Is what you're trying to get across?

I think it's just some sort of delay or latency in the connection.

A store clerk would have no clue what these terms mean or how they're applied.
    Last edited by zwoof; 09-16-2010 at 11:39 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by zwoof View Post
    The term you are looking for is:

Full duplex - communication in both directions simultaneously.

Are you trying to say the conversation seems to be Half Duplex if both parties are talking at the same time?

Half Duplex - communicate in both directions one-way at a time.

I sometimes feel like my conversations are half duplex. I'm talking and the other party's talking and neither yields to the other maybe because both parties don't realize they're talking over one another.

Is what you're trying to get across?

A store clerk would have no clue what these terms mean or how they're applied.
    Yes that's it. I wouldn't really expect them to know the terminology, but I would expect them to be familiar with the problem if in fact it is a problem.

And yes I would say most if not all of the time I am only Half duplex.