Use Sprint Bold 9650 on AT&T?
Is it possable to use a Sprint BlackBerry Bold 9650 on AT&T?
If so, how do I unlock it or install AT&T software/OS?
I was given 2 BlackBerry Bold 9650 phones today. My Torch 9800 is acting up, two years old, and heavily abused.
Thanks for any help or advice anyone can give me.
- 01-16-13, 08:13 PM #2
1, Yes. 2G only, though. No 3G.
2. It's possibly already unlocked.
On your BlackBerry, go to Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card.
At that screen type MEPD on your keyboard.
Look for Network in the list. If your device is "unlocked", it should read Disabled or Inactive. If it reads Active, it's still locked.
If it's not unlocked, just go into the Unlocking Forums here on CrackBerry and contact one of the unlocking vendors to get a code.
Note that you can't "install AT&T software/OS" on a 9650. There's no such thing.
- 01-26-13, 05:39 PM #4
Just put your sim card in the phone...in the network options screen, select the 3g&2g setting...that's it--you're done.
You may need to get the ATT service books installed to get the browser working...
- 01-26-13, 05:41 PM #5
if its all disabled it is unlocked. Just pop your sim in and you should be good to go. I use a 9650 as a spare BB and im on ATT. Also you will not get pic messages.
- 01-26-13, 05:53 PM #6
Yep. "Disabled" means it is unlocked. You don't want it to be "enabled".
If you want data features to work, then you will need to manually load the Service Books.
HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on AT&T w/Unlocked Storm 95xx
- By RKBALGOBIN in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 1Last Post: 11-07-11, 07:16 PM
- By justinstafinski in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 7Last Post: 11-06-11, 11:18 PM
- By smh1220 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 2Last Post: 08-11-11, 10:31 PM
- By pyattmk in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 11Last Post: 07-21-11, 09:52 AM
- By dxtyle20 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 19Last Post: 08-20-10, 09:28 PM