Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Unable to send text message.

As the title says, all of a sudden my phone won't send texts. I'll get a message like sms error general problems. Any ideas?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,254 Global Posts
    PIN
    K. 27F3DC2E put cb in request

have you tried out a battery pull? what kind of sms error message?
    did you changed anything recently in your sms settings?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I've done 3 battery pulls and nothing. It just says sms error 13 general problems and nothing to do w the settings.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,829 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

Definitely do a battery pull. It is most likely a network thing. Verizon does that where I live on occasion. A pull will fix it.
    Current device: White Out Moto X on 4.4.2

BlackBerry history:
    Verizon: 8130, 8830, 8330, 9630, 9530, 9550, 9650, 9930, Q10
    AT&T: 9700, 9800
    PlayBook

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Pulled the battery again and same thing. Now I cannot receive any texts.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Unable to send text message.

Yes i was also facing the same problem then i had talked to customar care they have said tha "we can send only 5 mess. in 24 hours till 15 days from today"...........
    CrackBerry User

i have been getting the same message all day today. (sms error 7, message id 160 general problems). did all the battery pulling, updating profile, update prl, finaly called sprint. talked to tech support and they said there is a problem with a tower. said they should have it fixed within 48hrs. took my email and said the tech guys would call me as soon as they got it fixed to make sure my phone was working again. also am having trouble hearing voice calls. aparently the other person can hear me fine but i can barelly make out what they r saying. also my internet is terribly slow. oh well we'll see what happens in the next 2 days i guess.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Unable to send text message.

I had the same issue long ago and found that it was because I had a "1" prefix before the area code .... when I removed the "1" it worked.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by mditurno View Post
    I had the same issue long ago and found that it was because I had a "1" prefix before the area code .... when I removed the "1" it worked.
    Thanx this helped me alot.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i also had a problem with automatic call blocking interfering with sending texts. not sure if it was the call blocking, or the *82 that has to be inserted to unblock your number to fav contacts