CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Solution: Uploading RAM Image in DM Apploader

After being stuck all day/night on an error 507 & "Uploading RAM Image" , I have finally found a solution.

I am on a Macbook Pro using Parallels Desktop running Windows 7 so that I can use Apploader to load hybrids/OS's. From my understanding, this is not a MAC-only issue as many Windows users run into this problem too.
    I kept on running into an error after wiping my device and trying to load an OS , known as "Uploading RAM image". As i searched all over the internet for many hours for a solution, no one seemed to know exactly what was going on. Well let me tell you, it has nothing to do with excess power going to USB root hubs or battery pulls.
    Here is what you need to do if you run into this situation:

1. Set all BB related programs including BBSAK/Desktop manager in compatibility mode by going into preferences (right click). I successfully used Vista mode b/c XP did not work.
    2. Wipe device with BBSAK
    3. Load new OS with BBSAK
    4. BING! you should now be on your way to the shower and bed

To admins/mods: Sticky this thread somewhere? Might be useful to many people. It can literally save tons of wasted hours.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi,

I have the same problem. I am using Macbook Pro and using parallel desktop running Windows XP. Can you tell me the step by step of doing this?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by rovente View Post
    Hi,

I have the same problem. I am using Macbook Pro and using parallel desktop running Windows XP. Can you tell me the step by step of doing this?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Mac Users: no need to run it through parallels check this out KB19915-How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 1.0 for Mac
    CrackBerry User

Hi,
    I am on an MBP using parallels and windows 7. I tried this, and although it wiped my device, it still gets stuck on the uploading ram image step of the update.

Any ideas?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,422 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rafman1992 View Post
    Hi,
    I am on an MBP using parallels and windows 7. I tried this, and although it wiped my device, it still gets stuck on the uploading ram image step of the update.

Any ideas?

Just had this problem, and it would not go no matter what I tried and I was trying for about 3 hours. Any 9800 OS/Hybrid combination wouldn't load. I finally decided to try using BBSAK to load all the cod files, and then using the loader. Doing that actually got it to work.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McStoner View Post
    Just had this problem, and it would not go no matter what I tried and I was trying for about 3 hours. Any 9800 OS/Hybrid combination wouldn't load. I finally decided to try using BBSAK to load all the cod files, and then using the loader. Doing that actually got it to work.
    Thanks for the tip.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,078 Global Posts

The simplest fix, that I found yesterday, was when you first plug the device in and parallels asks which side to recognize it on, you need to hold ALT and then click windows.

The issue is when the device reboots, it connects for the Mac OS to see, not the Windows, so it sits there waiting for it to connect, but never does.

Worked for me first time after doing that.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Jared DiPane View Post
    The simplest fix, that I found yesterday, was when you first plug the device in and parallels asks which side to recognize it on, you need to hold ALT and then click windows.
    I've finally managed this after restarting Parallels, and it doesn't work for me.