SMS inside of Blackberry Messenger
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere in this forum already but I cannot find where this has been covered. I imported my NON-BBM contacts into BBM so I can text and BBM in 1 application. I'm finding that when I text my non-BBM friends, the message is still showing in the native SMS application. Is there any way I can shut this off? I want to be able to SMS and BBM all in one application.
Is there a setting under options that I need to change, shut off / on?
- 12-19-12, 05:02 AM #2
Thank you for that article. I read that one already and it does nothing to answer my questions. I have another issue since I've upgraded to the new BBM7, some of the text messaging contacts that I imported into BBM will not open now. I will need a fix for that too.
- 12-20-12, 02:05 AM #4
I'm not sure how to help then. . .I've been using sms in BBM for a while now and haven't had much issues (except the chats seem to disappear when I reboot the phone) and I've upgraded to BBM7 and had no problems. . .you might have to remove and re enter the contacts that won't open?
I found out how to get them to work in BBM again. for the texting contacts that don't work in BBM, you have to access their information in the contact application and check to see if there is a BBM symbol with a "Gathering Information" next to it. If so, then you have to go back into BBM and link that contact with the contact in the phone book. I haven't figured out how to get them to stop showing in the SMS/MMS application when I'm texting them via BBM.
- By jeremylangley in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 09-16-09, 10:29 AM
- By jeff.parent in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-15-09, 12:36 PM
- By Grant_T in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 02-18-09, 01:32 PM
- By Loubaldy in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-18-08, 11:58 AM
- By Mule04 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-22-07, 07:03 PM