Should I upgrade or hold out for BB10?
Here is the thing. I currently have a 9650 which is about 2 years old now and starting to show its age. I have a Playbook and love it. I have an upgrade with Verizon right now and can go and get the 9930 which my father just got and I have used, it is amazing. I can wait til the BB10 devices are released but that isn't until October (expected) and the rumor is touch screen only, I prefer a tactile keyboard which isn't going to be released until Q1 2013 (rumored). I can stick with the 9650 or wait till Q1 for the full QWERTY BB10. Any suggestions?
- CrackBerry Abuser
04-28-2012, 11:45 AM #3
- 250 Posts
I suggest you go for the 9930. You are right, the first BB10 is going to be a full touch screen device, but just like you, I love the physical keyboard. If money is a concern, I suggest your wait. I wouldn't waste an upgreade on a device that you will replace 6-8 months later. It is just my personal opion, do as you like.
I just want to tell you one more thing... Come closer... closer... Wispering voice; The 9900/9330 serie is AWESOME!!!
Well, if the BB10 handhelds perform like my PB then I will want it immediately. I love my full keyboard and that is the only thing preventing me from waiting till October or whenever they are released. My dad just got the 9930 and I have screwed around with it, it is way faster and I do love the keyboard on it. I may go get one today, I don't know. I graduate from college in a few weeks and it would be a nice little gift to myself.
- CrackBerry Addict
04-28-2012, 12:12 PM #7
- 753 Posts
i had an old pearl. track ball always getting stuck.
not able to wait until october, and unwilling to waste an upgrade ( and commit to another 3 year contract ) on a phone that will be outdated in mere months, i purchased a used 9700 ( OS 6 ) on kijiji for $90.
it should hold me over until a BB10 Bold.
- CrackBerry Genius
04-28-2012, 03:30 PM #9
- 3,266 Posts
Coming from a 9630 and a 9650 after that, I can say that the 9930 is a truly awesome phone and used ones can be found for around $200 and up with new ones selling for around $300 and up, then save the VZW upgrade. $200-300 spread out over several months is also not that much money, couple of Starbucks a week or so maybe. I am going to take a wait and see attitude with the new BB10 phones, also let the early adapters work out the bugs and stuff, then look into getting mine, maybe even wait until the 2nd gen of BB10 (BB11?) before I take the next jump.
- 05-03-2012, 07:04 PM #10
Buy one off Craigslist for like $200 & save your upgrade for when BB10 releases.
My upgrade is June of 2013, so hopefully by then a BB10 device with a physical keyboard is out.
Sent from my iPhone 4S using TapatalkCurrent devices: iPhone 4S 32GB (Black) & Blackberry Bold 9930
I pulled the trigger on a 9930 this afternoon, an early graduation gift to myself. I am amazed how fast this thing is and how vivid the screen is. The sales guy at the store tried to talk me into an iPhone or Android but stood my ground. Super smooth, great form factor and the best keyboard my thumbs have ever touched. I will wait on the BB10, at least until I see what it will be like with a full QWERTY keyboard.
- 05-04-2012, 09:56 AM #12Current devices: iPhone 4S 32GB (Black) & Blackberry Bold 9930
- CrackBerry Abuser
05-17-2012, 09:19 AM #13
- 424 Posts
- just ask;)
Another point to mention that may or may not be important (depending on timing) is the article on CB frontpage this morning about verizon killing off unlimited data plans. I am very worried about how much data I would use on a BB10 phone, especially in the browser being full webkit with HTML5 and Flash.
I am in the same boat as OP and I'm starting to wonder if I should try to get a 4g phone now to get unlimited data and then when the BB10 phones come out just buy one off-contract and switch back to that.-jay
Anytime is the right time to eat BACON.