Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Serious browser issues

Having some browser issues since a couple of weeks ago. Web pages were taking a really long time to load, even mobile versions. Then after browsing for a while, it would just stop working and wouldn't open any web pages. A battery pull fixed the problem temporarily, but the browser would crap the bed again after a little while. Lately the problem has gotten worse. I can't open any web pages at all, even after a battery pull.

I've tried clearing the cache and cookies, but nothing works. Anyone else having similar issues with the browser? How do I fix this? Is there a way to reinstall just the browser without wiping the whole OS?
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    31,412 Global Posts

Are you running OS5 or OS6? Do you have JavaScript enabled or disabled?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Are you running OS5 or OS6? Do you have JavaScript enabled or disabled?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Thanks good point. I'm still running OS5 (v5.0.0.699 to be exact). And yes Java is enabled. Should I try disabling it, or upgrading the OS, or both?

Just curious though. Even if it is one of these things, what would have changed in the last couple of weeks to give me all these problems?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

You can download another browser such as Opera mini using a PC, install it manually on your Blackberry and use it for browsing.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by blackberry-unlocking710 View Post
    You can download another browser such as Opera mini using a PC, install it manually on your Blackberry and use it for browsing.
    Do I need the latest OS to run Opera, or will it run fine on my old OS?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

You should be able to run it using OS 5, unless Opera has changed something in the past couple months since I installed it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by angry mustache View Post
    You should be able to run it using OS 5, unless Opera has changed something in the past couple months since I installed it.
    I have the same issue, running OS V. 5.0.0.1006, my browser stopped working. I only use this phone as a wi-fi slave without a SIM card. I just went to the Opera -mini download page here: Opera Mini & Opera Mobile ? Download: BlackBerry and could not find the 9650 Bold listed. I looked around and see that they have downloads for OS's in the 4.x & 6.x area on other phones but nothing in the 5.x os. or the 9650.
    I'm far from being a total immersed geek about these things so if someone that really knows this stuff could advise me I would greatly appreciate it. I have pulled the battery and cleared the memory for the browser a number of times and the browser works at first use but refused to even hit the router after loading a page or 2 and then blames my network. I've checked that it is not my network as I have access to another.

A paranoid little voice keeps telling me that my phone has been visiting BB central and they are disabling my browser, because I have noticed that there are pages to BB listed on my outgoing log on the router... say it ain't so!
    I'm considering upgrading to the OS 6.x using the 7.1 Desk Top manager and then trying to load Opera-mini, as a work around. That seems like a lot of work [stumbling around] for my skill set. any suggestions? I use LogicMail and a browser for the weather radar on this device and it has been great until last week.
    I could put in my sim card and pay for a month's data to do the upgrades if that makes sense.
    I hope it is OK that I bump this thread. Thanks!