OS downgrade, or reinstall
so im going to try and reinstall my OS tomorrow but im trying to figure out how its done. Namely, where do i find the site to downgrade the latest OS version? or a previous version? i had good luck with .732 but so far the current version is lagging up my device really bad....think it might be a bad upgrade or too many app downloads/uninstalls LOL....7290 8130 8830 9550 9630 9650
- CrackBerry Addict
12-11-10, 08:18 AM #2
- 536 Posts
- 12-11-10, 03:53 PM #4
Don't use Desktop Manager
Here is one way to do it:
1. Download the 975 exe (or whatever OS you want to load to your phone) to your pc. IF you want, try an OS6 leak
2. Delete all other OS installations from your pc.
3. Install the 975 to your pc.
4. plug your phone into your pc with a usb cable.
5. If you want to shrink the OS (remove some of the extra files) download BB Hybrid Tools from here:BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums
IF NOT, jump to step 7
6. If you are shrinking, double click bb hybrid tools exe and open the window and check anything you DO NOT want to install. Click SHRINK MY OS when finished.
7. If you ARE NOT using a shrinking method, jump from Step 4 right to here and look for vendor.xml by going to c:/programfiles/commonfiles/researchinmotion/apploader/vendor.xml
delete vendor file if you see it
8. then stay in that same folder and double click the LOADER.exe file and your OS will start to install.
During the process, the loader will backup your data and apps, wipe your device and load the new OS and put everything back.
Hope this helps. Process takes about 20 mins.
- CrackBerry Addict
12-11-10, 05:10 PM #5
- 903 Posts
- It's that flag on the green that I try to hit my golf ball close to.
What she said, she's the queen of leaked, hybrid and other OS installs!Bob
"The old Rambler, confined to Rehab"
Blackberry 101 tutorial on how to load and OS using apploader:
How To Install or Upgrade your BlackBerry's Operating System
- 12-12-10, 12:13 PM #6
+1 Jaydee, I've been using app loader as the way to upgrade and downgrade for a while now and there really isn't a better way!
- 12-13-10, 05:08 PM #8
Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-13-10 at 05:12 PM.8130 -> 8330 -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9630 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> iPhone4
How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com