CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default OS 6.1.... Anyone Frustrated?

Okay, this phone is less than a year old now. It feels like RIM never planned on putting much focus on this phone and that ticks me off. Are we going to get 6.1 some day? I am doubtful. My guess is that they will release the touchscreen bold with 6.1 and never give it to us.

</frustratedBBuser>
    CrackBerry User

OS 6 has aggravated me more than anything else. i hate it!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and you might get.

6.0 hasn't been out very long. What makes you think they are going to just from the original 6.0 that we developed right to 6.1? There is not a BlackBerry on the market that has 6.1 yet. Have patience, i would rather they sit on it for a while and work out the bugs instead of releasing it early.
    </happywith6.0>
    CrackBerry Abuser

Who cares? Does your phone work? Does it do what you want it to? Then whats it matter what OS is in it. I honestly don't think there will be much change between 6.0 and 6.1. A .1 change.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,794 Global Posts

The bold was released with os5 and a promise to give us os6. Nothing was ever said about os6.1 I'd much prefer it on a better device when it does come out anyway. The bold touch looks to be that device imo. The specs are better and faster cpu as well. I know a lot of folks don't care for os6. I happen to like it, but I do think the bold could have handled it better. The bold touch will have the proper amount of power to handle 6.1
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,308 Global Posts
    PIN
    G

When you buy a 2010 Ford Focus do you expect to get a 2011 updated engine when it comes out? Manufacture and retail is a constantly moving target. You buy what you need when you need it. It's nice when I am able to load a new OS on my phone, but I don't demand or expect it. I bought it for what it was when I bought it.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by trucky View Post
    When you buy a 2010 Ford Focus do you expect to get a 2011 updated engine when it comes out? Manufacture and retail is a constantly moving target. You buy what you need when you need it. It's nice when I am able to load a new OS on my phone, but I don't demand or expect it. I bought it for what it was when I bought it.
    I can put a V8 in my ford focus if I want to bad enough. It's "open source".

And isn't customer demand what drives companies to make better product?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,308 Global Posts
    PIN
    G

Quote Originally Posted by cheechorama View Post

Exactly! And someone will likely figure out how to put 6.1 on the 9650 when it comes out. It doesn't matter how new or cool the latest toy is. People were trying the jailbreak the iPod the day it came out. The very fact that we are free to tinker with our BBs is a great option compared to how it used to be.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

Okay, this phone is less than a year old now. It feels like RIM never planned on putting much focus on this phone and that ticks me off. Are we going to get 6.1 some day? I am doubtful. My guess is that they will release the touchscreen bold with 6.1 and never give it to us.
    What changes were you hoping for in 6.1?

Personally, I don't think the 6 interface was really designed for trackpad-only devices, but rather for sliding things around by touch. Sure, it works with the trackpad, but it feels like a "backwards compatible" feature, and not what it was intended for.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Seems to me OS5 was designed to run well on the Bold 9650. I am running 6.0 and do not mind it, but I do not expect it to act any better than 5.0. When my contract is up this summer I will check out the other BB options and choose one that functions well, does what I want it to, holds a call and keeps a good charge. If those things work, I do not care what OS is on it.
    The Grass Looks Greener Because Its Painted
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

And you would expect ford to drop off a brand new V8 for free at your front door, and provide tools and knowledge for you to install it and make it run right in a car that most likely can't accomodate it? Then every year when they make newer and better V8's continue dropping them off for free, just because you bought one car from them...makes no sense

And no, I would not be disappointed if 6.1 wasn't designed for the 9650 or any of the other older devices....I'm happy to even have os6 at all on it, in my opinion rim did us a favor making it for our phones, and allowing us to upgrade for free! Its not something they had to do....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,403 Global Posts

I thought OS 6 was for trackpad devices and OS 6.1 was for touchscreen-centric devices.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by experiment626 View Post
    I thought OS 6 was for trackpad devices and OS 6.1 was for touchscreen-centric devices.
    Torch was the first bb with os6....its touchscreen

CrackBerry Abuser

What the heck is the difference if it is OS 6.0, 6.1, 17.23456, or what ever, does your phone work. End of story, when and if they upgrade you will get it and it will do whatever the upgrade decides it will do then.

I swear sometimes i\I think some people o this forum do need a life.

I hate to see how you feel about real issue, like world humger or world peace, do those frustrate you as well?

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Quote Originally Posted by mrtouchedme View Post
    And you would expect ford to drop off a brand new V8 for free at your front door, and provide tools and knowledge for you to install it and make it run right in a car that most likely can't accomodate it? Then every year when they make newer and better V8's continue dropping them off for free, just because you bought one car from them...makes no sense

And no, I would not be disappointed if 6.1 wasn't designed for the 9650 or any of the other older devices....I'm happy to even have os6 at all on it, in my opinion rim did us a favor making it for our phones, and allowing us to upgrade for free! Its not something they had to do....

Software and hardware are two different things.

And it looks like "6.1" is now 7.0. So I will stop complaining and simply never purchase another Blackberry.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,139 Global Posts

Software and hardware are two different things.

And it looks like "6.1" is now 7.0. So I will stop complaining and simply never purchase another Blackberry.
    That's an awesome reason to never buy another Blackberry!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnly View Post
    Yeah, it is! Jennels first post is gold.
    @missjennell
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts

As long as they keep on rolling out 6.0 updates that improve browser rendering performance/ overall speed plus battery life, I'm a happy camper.