Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy not getting EDGE, Host Routing Table is empty!

Hello, recently i bought a Sprint Blackberry 9650 - Factory unlocked.
    And i put my new SIM card (ZAIN Jordan) i can make calls, sending messages but i can't use the Blackberry services.
    I do have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS) but still small edge, i changed my provider to (UMNIAH - Jordan) with a BIS, still small edge
    I put my SIM card in my friends phone and that did work. So now I know it's my phone itself.
    The Pin wasn't released so i contacted Sprint to release the Pin, and they released it. (should they release anything else?)

The steps that I have done:
    - SIM and battery pull (multiple times)
    - Wipe (multiple times)
    - upgraded to the latest available version: 5.0.0.1030 bundle 1675. (i cant upgrade to the 6 OS - BB data required ).
    - "Register Now" from Host Routing Table menu (nothing happens, and there are no entries in HRT)

network is disabled like this:

and the I.T policy too.

So what can i do more? please help
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,185 Global Posts

hmm....try upgrading to OS6..you don't need to have a Blackberry data plan, just download the OS file itself, install it onto your computer, delete the vendor.xml file and then install it onto your blackberry.

Because other than that, besides maybe the operator not really having BIS enabled...I can't think of anything else that might prevent you from using BIS....I've personally used my Bold 9650 with various countries' BIS plans without any problems..
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Culex316 View Post
    hmm....try upgrading to OS6..you don't need to have a Blackberry data plan, just download the OS file itself, install it onto your computer, delete the vendor.xml file and then install it onto your blackberry.

Because other than that, besides maybe the operator not really having BIS enabled...I can't think of anything else that might prevent you from using BIS....I've personally used my Bold 9650 with various countries' BIS plans without any problems..
    Thank you, what's the version do you have?
    I'm downloading it now and i'll try to install it.
    is it possible that my provider doesn't support the Blackberry 9650 model? because we haven't this model here
    I'm disappointed really i can't know what's the exactly problem
    Hope to find a solution.
    Last edited by Rashad495; 01-21-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

i downloaded a BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.3049 (Multilangauge) for sprint

Package Version: 6.0.0.3049
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.706
    Software Platform: 4.4.0.560
    File name: 9650_512AMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel3049_PL4.4.0.560_A6.0.0.7 06_Sprint_L.P.exe
    File size: 145.52MB

but i got no updates available except Facebook app. lol:

what should be do now do you think it's better to install a Verizon version?
    Last edited by Rashad495; 01-21-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,185 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rashad495 View Post
    i downloaded a BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.3049 (Multilangauge) for sprint

Package Version: 6.0.0.3049
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.706
    Software Platform: 4.4.0.560
    File name: 9650_512AMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel3049_PL4.4.0.560_A6.0.0.7 06_Sprint_L.P.exe
    File size: 145.52MB

but i got no updates available except Facebook app. lol:
    Click to view quoted image

what should be do now do you think it's better to install a Verizon version?
    You have to locate the vendor.xml file located in the C:\Program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader directory and delete it first....even though your device is Sprint, it's still a good idea to do this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

note that some carrier don't support CDMA-able phoen(I knows cause mine does)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Culex316 View Post
    You have to locate the vendor.xml file located in the C:\Program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader directory and delete it first....even though your device is Sprint, it's still a good idea to do this.
    i deleted the file first, same result. can't upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by youknwwho View Post
    note that some carrier don't support CDMA-able phoen(I knows cause mine does)
    that's mean maybe my carrier doesn't support CDMA-GSM devices? what's your carrier?
    and do you have any suggested solutions?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Rashad495 View Post
    that's mean maybe my carrier doesn't support CDMA-GSM devices? what's your carrier?
    and do you have any suggested solutions?
    look up to see what kind of device your carrier support,if the 9650 aren't supported then
    Nothing except get a pure GSM phone like the 97xx series
    or you could download a phoney SB and get browser to work but no BBM,email or anny thing
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by youknwwho View Post
    look up to see what kind of device your carrier support,if the 9650 aren't supported then
    Nothing except get a pure GSM phone like the 97xx series
    or you could download a phoney SB and get browser to work but no BBM,email or anny thing
    I think they support only what they sell if so, i'll sell my phone but who care about a Blackberry does not have a BBM, emails etc...
    Hope to find a solution
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

so no solutions ?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Good Posting. But I have 9930 (Verizon) Unlocked. Presently Using TATA DOCOMO services with BB Plan.
    But still I am unable to Access Internet with my H/S. Also "edge" is coming.

Can any body help me??