Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Media card causing endless reboot?

edit: this is NOT a media card issue. my phone STILL ENDLESS REBOOTS with no way to save it unless battery is disconnected, phone plugged in, then battery reinserted. please help. this is unacceptable and yes i am installing OSs correctly, have been for a long time. never had this problem before
    Last edited by nycfly89; 07-08-2011 at 04:21 AM.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    66,697 Global Posts

Could be the card itself, something in the OS, something on the card. Have you format it in the phone and tried it or format it on a computer and tried? Have you tried a different brand?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask and you shall receive...

You should put ur media card in the pc and copy all the pics off. Then I suggest running scandisk (just for fun to see if it finds any problems) and if that doesn't work format it and then put the pics back on. But before you try any of that go to options on the BB and there's a repair option under storage. After you BACKUP all your pics, videos, voice notes (no desktop manager doesn't back any of that stuff up) to your PC, only then I would suggest playing with the card.

It could also be the card itself and you simply need a new card.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    66,697 Global Posts

Sorry I forget not everyone thinks to backup/save their files first. Should be obvious if a format is going to be done but isn't to everyone.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

is there a way to do this on a mac?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask and you shall receive...

Quote Originally Posted by nycfly89 View Post
    Well ur either gonna need a card reader and adapter that takes microsd or the usb cable that should recognize ur bb when u plug it in.

Global Posts
    60,801 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Your storage card (micro sd) came (I think) with an adapter that should fit into the sd card reading slot on a mac. My macbook pro has such a slot, yours might. If not, get a small plastic usb stick adapter in which you can put the card and it will read it.

Copying your files off first is a must, as the others have suggested. Then you can reformat the card IN THE PHONE for best results and try adding some of the files back.
    I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.1052 on VZW-HTTR forever
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee5799 View Post
    Your storage card (micro sd) came (I think) with an adapter that should fit into the sd card reading slot on a mac. My macbook pro has such a slot, yours might. If not, get a small plastic usb stick adapter in which you can put the card and it will read it.

Copying your files off first is a must, as the others have suggested. Then you can reformat the card IN THE PHONE for best results and try adding some of the files back.
    I do have some problems with the memory card also! I got around 5 times the message that the media card it is not recognized. The option to repair the media card does not fix! I need to reformat all the time to be recognized again! And this issue come only if I have copied in the media card my documents from PC! Does not matter if I transfer the files direct inserting the card in the PC or using BBDM! The media card it is original card shipped with my BB 9800 Torch! Do anyone have same problem? How did u fixed? Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi all, im having a really strange and frustrating issue that i need desperate help with.

im pretty sure my media card is causing my endless boot cycle. ive done many wipes, reloads of os. etc. i even loaded the new software up tonight and was still getting an endless bootcycle.

but ive now noticed once i take the media card out of my phone everything works fine!! what do you think is causing the media card to mess with the phone?

i suggest everyone having this problem to take their media card out. i cannot believe this..
    Which brand and capacity is your media card? What versio is your bold 9650?

I've seen similar issues with Toshiba 4gb and kingston 32GB. Toshiba seems to have a bad rep, because none of the other brands (kingston < 32GB, sandisk, TDK, etc...) Has no problems.

Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    66,697 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicolaerugina View Post
    I do have some problems with the memory card also! I got around 5 times the message that the media card it is not recognized. The option to repair the media card does not fix! I need to reformat all the time to be recognized again! And this issue come only if I have copied in the media card my documents from PC! Does not matter if I transfer the files direct inserting the card in the PC or using BBDM! The media card it is original card shipped with my BB 9800 Torch! Do anyone have same problem? How did u fixed? Thank you!

When you plug your phone into your computer do you always use the "safely eject" option? I also got this on my tour on one of the OS builds. Went back to an older one that I never got that on and haven't had it since.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Email me at mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com

Google information about 'Low Level Format' backup the data, all what you can from the memory card and attempt to format it. if the issue still persists. Use low level format on the memory card.
    Warm Regards
    Vivek
    If you have an issue and need my assistance, let me know by posting on the blog, or mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com)

"If you have every reason to be sad, then be happy for no reason"

Global Posts
    60,801 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Sometimes the cards go bad, even if they shipped with your phone. I would remove it and replace it. Do you want to trust your pics, vids and vns to a faulty card? If at all possible, replace it.

But you can try the suggestions given to reformat it as well. That may fix it. I had one that no matter what I did, it never worked again...even in my pc. So I ditched it and replaced it.
    I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.1052 on VZW-HTTR forever
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee5799 View Post
    Sometimes the cards go bad, even if they shipped with your phone. I would remove it and replace it. Do you want to trust your pics, vids and vns to a faulty card? If at all possible, replace it.

But you can try the suggestions given to reformat it as well. That may fix it. I had one that no matter what I did, it never worked again...even in my pc. So I ditched it and replaced it.
    I had tried with a diferent media card! 8gb sandisk (I am using only sandisk brand!) And same issue I had! I had try to do lOe level format (not fast format) and I get same issue! Regarding OS, I got the issue first time with orriginat shipped OS! I been trying all OS (now I have 6.0.0.600) and it is the same! Meaning, no OS or media card problem! I would like to add that all my documents consist in word, excel, pdf, jpg and ACad. I was trying only with songs (mp3) and I got same. Problem!

Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    66,697 Global Posts

Sounds like it could be the phone itself.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

I don't own a 9650, but a 9700. How I solved this, was using a live Linux CD. Download an image (.ISO file) from a website such as linux Mint or GParted live CD (easy to find on google or yahoo or bing search), burn it or use UNetBootin to put it on a USB stick/flash drive or your hard disk (frugal install), boot off it, next up, insert the SD card into the reader, then launch GParted aka Partition Editor. Select it in the drop-down menu to the top right, then delete it's partiton, click Apply. Ignore the warning since you've likely backed stuff up, then once it's complete, make a new partition, Primary, not Logical. If it's 2GB or smaller, use FAT16. If it's 3GB or more, use FAT32. Click Apply, then acknowledge the warning, then the card will be layered with a new partition. You could also format it after by right clicking on it, then format > fat32. Click apply, then wait for it to complete after ignoring the warming if any.

Do this on a PC