Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    PIN
    321d67ac
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default LOCKED BOLD after EMAIL UPDATE?

OK so I have been having trouble getting emails and such all day so I checked with my friends and they all had no issues. So i went to resend my service books and when i opened the email setup application it suggested i update it. BTW im using a VZW BOLD with the latest and greatest 6.0....anyway so i set it down while it was updating and then it asked for a reboot. i rebooted and STUCK with the progress bar full. I have done battery pulls and same thing. HELP!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    PIN
    321d67ac
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Default Fixed

Ok so I reinstalled the os on to my device and while my back up from 2 weeks ago is on it, it functions normal. emails- work web- works bbm- works. but still when i go to email setup app it still wants me to update....im not going to try again but does anyone else's phone do it?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

If you read through the forums, you will find that many people have experienced bricked devices after updating the email setup application. Most of them just kept doing the update and finally it stopped bricking.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Email issue

I went into my account set up for my Email and I can't access it, acording to my carrier its a Blackberry problem, RIM is trying to fix it.
    CrackBerry User

Yes I am having the same issue my phone keeps bricking after I update it. Verizon keeps sending me new phones and they dont understand its a problem with the email client. It sucks cause theres no point in having a blackberry if you cant have email so I see no point in not trying.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,381 Global Posts
    PIN
    k is my fave!

this is the very reason I won't update my email on my bb. If I need to do anything, I'll just access my BIS acct off the laptop and do it that way. Its easier to navigate doing it that way IMO anyway

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    g pong

All the answers you need should be in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/who...-525-a-617326/

If you have any questions, let me know.