Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Jumped ship

Well my 9650 got water logged last weekend and my company had 5 upgrades to use. I used one to save us money and decided to give the iPhone 4 a try being that it's on Verizon now. I must say with a lot of skepticism, I am in love with this phone. I can't put it down. I just don't see myself ever going back to a blackberry again. I had no idea what I have been missing. My Bold felt slow and old compared to this phone. Email on the iPhone is very nice. Web surfing is awesome. The camera and HD video camera are simply amazing. And the whole UI is incredibly smooth. Goodbye blackberry hello iPhone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

Tipb.com have fun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    bhollar (03-27-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    740 Global Posts

Congrats.
    The iphone has certainly established an amazing sales record.
    On March 2, 2011, at the iPad 2 event, Apple announced that they have sold 100 million iPhones.

That's pretty amazing considering the first iphone was only introduced in January of 2007.

If iphone had a new 4G model on Verizon I'd be at their store today!
    I might have to get a new Droid 4G model like the Bionic when it comes out, rather than wait for the new Apple model...

I was talking to the VZ help desk today as she was addressing a GPS issue I was having on my 9650. She was all excited that she recently got a Thunderbolt and was ecstatic on how well it was working for her. She said her battery lasted about a day and a half (but who knows how much she uses it). I'm tempted to jump on a Thunderbolt but I'll wait till I see some user reviews on the Bionic after it's release.

I might even pick up a used iphone in the mean time though, off Craigs List!

I sure do envy your new browsing experience . . . enjoy
    Thanked by 2:
    bhollar (03-28-2011),  californiablackberry (03-27-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,833 Global Posts

I was a long time Blackberry user and I jumped off it about 3 months ago. I have the HTC Incredible and I love it. I just downloaded firefox on it and am pleased with it. I have it on my laptop instead of using Internet Explorer. I am very pleased all around with this device. The UI Sense is awesome. I have heard good things about the Thunderbolt, but I can't upgrade till next year. The Incredible is quite fast for its build and I can't say enough about it. The entire experience from browsing to email to photos, etc. It is living up to its name......

Have an Incredible day !
    Phoenix Suns Rule !
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

I've also changed ships, although I can't really say that I was on the USS Blackberry to begin with. Being that I do tech support, it's easier for me to troubleshoot a device if I own it and use it day in and day out.

I will say that prior to owning a Bold, I was a Blackberry hater. I always felt it was an inferior device. Using it really changed my opinion on the Blackberry platform and its always my first recommendation when someone states that e-mail is the most important feature to them.

E-mail on the Blackberry is second to none. I can't recall ever having a problem setting up any e-mail account when having the appropriate settings at hand. I'd have to say I was most impressed with the Bold being a communications and productivity tool: e-mail management is top notch, superior battery life makes it a reliable tool, Exchange and Outlook connectivity is smooth, and unique features such as being able to look at e-mails by contact makes day to day communication on the go a breeze. I'll miss some other things that I found along the way like the Brisk theme, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, and Beejive (although I bought Beejive for my iPhone and Xoom, also).

However, there are features that I love about Android and iPhone that have pulled me away: applications really do help to extend the functionality of any device and Android and Apple have them (TomTom on a Blackberry would have kept me for a bit longer), I was never satisfied with the HTML e-mail experience on the Bold (since I do a lot of my personal business over the Internet, a lot of companies send bills, adverts, and notices in e-mail and most use HTML in some capacity), and Blackberry OS is just not hacker-friendly and somewhat boring, (I love rooting my Android devices and am looking forward to jailbreaking the iPhone). Not to mention I was very bummed that my Sony Bluetooth headphones never worked properly with Bold... gotta have my tunes.

I do look forward to seeing what RIM comes out with next. The potential for Android app support has me very intrigued and would probably have me taking a look at getting another Blackberry device in the future. RIM has a rock-solid product and I hope they remain competitive and viable for years to come.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

My friend just got the Thunderbolt and it is one amazing device. Little heavy probably due the LTE parts stuffed in it but it is blazing fast. It blows the Evo, or I should say WiMax, out of the water. I just don't see RIM coming out with an LTE Berry until next year either. My fiance left her 9650 behind and got an iP4 and she loves it. I hate to say it but when the LTE iPhone comes out I'm gone. All this talk about the OS6.1 but when will Verizon get it? not until 2012 I guarantee it. Look how long it took them to roll out 6? That's more on the carrier but I think Verizon has RIM on the FAR back burner now. With the onslaught of LTE Android devices coming soon it's only going to get worse.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,060 Global Posts

I'm still happy with my bold. I am no fanboy but the phone does what I want a phone to do. I txt,bbm,talk,email,pandora through my truck speakers,facebook,twitter and casually surf the web. And for what I need it for it does everything the same if not better than any other phone from the jitterbug to the android and IOS platforms.
    I find that people that have iphones have a lot of free time on their hands to use all the apps. I'm not saying they're useless apps but about 98% of them are. I have most of the useful ones on my ipod. I was unemployed and then in sales and when I was in both I wanted an android but now that I have a physically demanding job and work 12 hours a day I have no need for apps like angry birds or things like that lol

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts

Instead of jumping ship I bought an iPad and MacBook Pro (to supplement my iPod Touch).

So basically I have three Apple devices, but the mediocre-to-poor battery life and lack of keyboard on the iPhone and Droids are enough to keep me as a BlackBerry user.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    65,347 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
    Instead of jumping ship I bought an iPad and MacBook Pro (to supplement my iPod Touch).

So basically I have three Apple devices, but the mediocre-to-poor battery life and lack of keyboard on the iPhone and Droids are enough to keep me as a BlackBerry user.
    What is the difference between an ipod touch and an ipad?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Quote Originally Posted by bhollar View Post
    Well my 9650 got water logged last weekend and my company had 5 upgrades to use. I used one to save us money and decided to give the iPhone 4 a try being that it's on Verizon now. I must say with a lot of skepticism, I am in love with this phone. I can't put it down. I just don't see myself ever going back to a blackberry again. I had no idea what I have been missing. My Bold felt slow and old compared to this phone. Email on the iPhone is very nice. Web surfing is awesome. The camera and HD video camera are simply amazing. And the whole UI is incredibly smooth. Goodbye blackberry hello iPhone.
    kthanxbye

10char
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    13,947 Global Posts

Good luck with the new device.

Thanked by:
    bhollar (03-28-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    What is the difference between an ipod touch and an ipad?
    about $500.... and whether or not you camp in front of the Apple Store overnight to get it...

I will say I am on my 2nd BB (looking at my third), and it really depends on what you are gonna do with it. I use my BBs for work (and maybe a little personal stuff) but there are some things that make me nervous about other smartphones:

- My company being international, I do need a Global Phone as a company phone, which limits my selection right out of the gate. Sorry iPhone & DroidX

- I worry about Androids issues with connecting to Enterprise Servers (or I've heard or read, at least... Do not know if this has been corrected, but as a 'work phone' this is not acceptable.

- While I bought my wife the ViP4 last month and I think the thing as the absolute cats ***, again, its a work phone and the "email pull" functionality is something I am not a fan of. If this phone is supposed to be recieving emails, I hate the thought of having to go get them..
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by otacon72 View Post
    My friend just got the Thunderbolt and it is one amazing device. Little heavy probably due the LTE parts stuffed in it but it is blazing fast. It blows the Evo, or I should say WiMax, out of the water. I just don't see RIM coming out with an LTE Berry until next year either. My fiance left her 9650 behind and got an iP4 and she loves it. I hate to say it but when the LTE iPhone comes out I'm gone. All this talk about the OS6.1 but when will Verizon get it? not until 2012 I guarantee it. Look how long it took them to roll out 6? That's more on the carrier but I think Verizon has RIM on the FAR back burner now. With the onslaught of LTE Android devices coming soon it's only going to get worse.
    I was looking into getting the Thunderbolt, but when comparing the physical size of both, I just couldn't justify the size of the thunderbolt. Plus the build quality of the iPhone 4 is superb.

Glad you're happy. Not sure why you felt the need to let the world know this, but have fun.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Quote Originally Posted by middbrew View Post
    Glad you're happy. Not sure why you felt the need to let the world know this, but have fun.
    Just thought I should let the crackberry community know how I feel about my new phone. Apparently you must have been curious yourself or you wouldn't have looked at this thread.
    CrackBerry User

Any given day, I've got my BB, an iPod Touch, a Verizon MiFi and iPad, and my wife's Macbook and Evo sitting on the couch. I'm always holding my BB for some reason or other, but I find the Evo has better functionality in a lot of respects. For example, looking up a product manual in PDF format, her Evo is a much better option because most PDFs are too big of entities for my phone to handle.

The BB is a well-refined product that multitasks much better than the Apple products. As a side effect, it's performance for each individual task is usually second to the iPod Touch on WiFi with the MiFi or the home WiFi network.

The Evo is just incredible, but I can type about 5 times faster on my BB Bold than anyone I know with a touch screen. I frequently see people writing long emails on a BB but am always shocked when I see long emails with "Sent from my iPad" in the signature.

Between the Touch and iPad, I can put the Touch in my pocket with the MiFi and go anywhere that Verizon goes. The iPad is better for browsing, of course, but if I'm sitting on the couch, I'd rather use the Macbook instead of propping up the iPad with a Bluetooth keyboard. The iPad is great for watching hours and hours of movies on a flight, but Apple will charge you $4.99 for a 24 hour rental of a movie!! The Macbook will spin a DVD and die after just one movie.
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Just thought I should let the crackberry community know how I feel about my new phone. Apparently you must have been curious yourself or you wouldn't have looked at this thread.
    No, we weren't curious. The crackberry community couldn't care less. Try posting in the right section next time:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...t-here-260887/
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by pcgizmo View Post
    kthanxbye

10char
    Pretty much sums it up!

All forums are designed to allow people to either contribute or extract information about a particular subject. If a post does not add some kind of value to a forum, then it is just a waste of time.

The OP (and many other posters) certainly have many other more relevant forums to choose from to make such a post.

If the OP has been a contributor in this forum in the past, then I can understand posting about moving on to a different device. But, to come here and state how much "better" his new device is feels like an intentional "slap in the face" to Bold 9650 owners.

What I am saying is that unless you are Trolling or intentionally trying to Flame, THINK BEFORE YOU POST!

CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Quote Originally Posted by granne2970 View Post
    If the OP has been a contributor in this forum in the past, then I can understand posting about moving on to a different device.
    Can you imagine all the contribution in those 39 posts??? Lmao
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by pcgizmo View Post
    Can you imagine all the contribution in those 39 posts??? Lmao
    I am not much of a contributor myself, so I do not feel I should comment. I am sure you understand my point tough, about using the correct forum so as that it does not get misconstrued as a flame?

Once in awhile I will read a post where the OP probable had no intent to flame, but by choosing the wrong forum, started a lot of negative discussion that the Trolls just love to jump in on!

CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Quote Originally Posted by granne2970 View Post
    I am not much of a contributor myself, so I do not feel I should comment. I am sure you understand my point tough, about using the correct forum so as that it does not get misconstrued as a flame?

Once in awhile I will read a post where the OP probable had no intent to flame, but by choosing the wrong forum, started a lot of negative discussion that the Trolls just love to jump in on!

Yes, I am with you all the way. I had already posted a link to the appropriate forum for these useless posts.

Global Posts
    59,519 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Nah we routinely stop by threads like this to see who the heck thinks we care about this stuff.
    I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.296/441 on VZW-HTTR forever
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device
    CrackBerry User

i went to the evo and back to a BB.. like alot of posters said those phones are cool if you have alot of time on your hands. or if you like apps. neither of which i have.
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,483 Global Posts