Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default how to hack a sim card

Problem! Had a family account with Verizon. Wife split and moved to San Frisco. Ran up a bill of $700.00 which I cant afford to pay. She refused to pay so BigV.closed the account. Tried to move my black berry over to a new carrier but they said no can do as far as putting a new sim in. Love my BB
    and would like to use it again. Is there away to get around this problem or am I just screwed?. Apreciate any help or suggestions Thanks Airjack
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    20EB1810

Verizon is a CDMA carrier, and so doesn't use sim cards, and even if it could you'll have a CDMA radio, which won't work with a GSM network. That'd be your problem. I've heard that it is possible to move from one CDMA carrier another (ie big red to sprint) but you'll need to have someone in VZW's tech support that owes you a favour to get it done. Basically the carriers don't like doing it, and since you pissed them off anyway, I doubt it'll happen.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by airjack View Post
    Problem! Had a family account with Verizon. Wife split and moved to San Frisco. Ran up a bill of $700.00 which I cant afford to pay. She refused to pay so BigV.closed the account. Tried to move my black berry over to a new carrier but they said no can do as far as putting a new sim in. Love my BB
    and would like to use it again. Is there away to get around this problem or am I just screwed?. Apreciate any help or suggestions Thanks Airjack

Hi,

What kind of BB do you have? I'm not familiar with Verizon's lineup but if you have a World Edition BB then just get it unlocked and then you can use a GSM SIM of your choosing..
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,900 Global Posts
    PIN
    G pong is not a sport

If you are signing with another carrier, can't you just get one of their BBs? The 9700 is a fine device also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Slayer of Misinformation

Global Posts
    5,378 Global Posts
    PIN
    Smartphones are for Smart People

Quote Originally Posted by EGerhardt View Post
    Verizon is a CDMA carrier, and so doesn't use sim cards, and even if it could you'll have a CDMA radio, which won't work with a GSM network. That'd be your problem. I've heard that it is possible to move from one CDMA carrier another (ie big red to sprint) but you'll need to have someone in VZW's tech support that owes you a favour to get it done. Basically the carriers don't like doing it, and since you pissed them off anyway, I doubt it'll happen.

WRONG!!!

If you have an 8830WE a TOUR or a BOLD you can unlock the phone and drop another carriers sim card in. Second point you WILL NOT get an ESN moved from carrier to carrier ain't gonna happen period.
    "Do you want to sell sugar water or do you want to change the world?"

Steve Jobs to John Sculley the then CEO of Pepsi.

CrackBerry Genius

just switch to a different carrier and port your number.
    i think that is the simplest way to go.
    it will automatically close/transfer your numbers to the new lines.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by airjack View Post
    Yea go on eBay they sell unlocks for the phone for a dollar with buy it now so give it a try

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com